Couldnt wait for the bike... so i bought the gear ahead of time so.. hahaha

FX_Allen

Noobie Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Havent gotten my bike yet, since I have part out all of my mods in my FX35... but i couldnt wait... so i purchased my gear!!! :rockon:

Joe Rocket Atomic 3.0

2008_Joe_Rocket_Atomic_30_Jacket_Bl.jpg

Shogun No-Cut Sliders

11e152836ec14b2137f4eee309ecbaab_ro.jpg

Cortex HDX gloves

8cb9937376a905eeabc04694677f4d46-1.jpg

Puig Dark smoke windscreens

701aba2000db4de9af454da6ba7f6fcc_ro.jpg

I'm looking into the helmet... probably a scorpion EXO 700 burst in blue... but i was looking into field armors... and it doesnt cover my kidney and tail bone... any suggestions?

I;m so excited i cant wait to ride... and meet u guys! :D

sjk625

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice purchases, make sure you don't forget some boots and pants. I went down at about 30 mph the other day and got up without a scratch. If i didn't have boots I probably would have broken my ankle.

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, welcome to the forum! You and I are almost neighbors (hacienda hts). Get all your stuff and let's ride. BTW, if you're free this Thursday evening 6pm, there's a Yamaha bike night at Buena Park mall. Riders, drivers are welcome.

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, buying your gear BEFORE your bike, is the only way to go IMO. Too much people spend all they got on their bike, and then don't have enough left to buy decent gear.

So yay for you :)

FX_Allen

Noobie Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
haha yea... thx guys... im pretty set on the FZ6... just waiting for me to accumulate 2k for the down payment...

Actually i was curious, i was told that i needed to adjust my suspension to match my weight... im 6'5" and 280lbs... anyone know how to do this or a diy for this?

Last edited:

FX_Allen

Noobie Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
yes im buying it new... planning to go through OTD cycly sports unless theres somewhere that can give me a better deal than 7299 OTD... and first time rider (although ive ridden a R1 and CBR600RR once each time to get the feel and jist of things)

Poobah

Reaction score
Visit site
No worries buying the gear before the bike. After all, you're going to need it when you ride it home!

Cheers
:iconbeer:

-P

desperate

Reaction score
Visit site
I could not wait either when I was taking my DAS course. Took the test on a Thursday and a brand new FZ6 picked up on the friday. Thank god I passed otherwise the dealer would have had to hold on to it for at least another 2 weeks.

Also uk riders will understand I had it on an 08 3 days before I could have had a 58 plate Just could not wait

Boys and there toys ehhh

interactive3

FZ6 Rider
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, buying your gear BEFORE your bike, is the only way to go IMO. Too much people spend all they got on their bike, and then don't have enough left to buy decent gear.

So yay for you :)

I bought my Arai helmet, a good jacket and gloves first. I thought about buying a new bike, but buying used saved me a couple thousand dollars. That money went into more gear and some minor mods. I'd recommend this route to every first time rider/buyer, like myself.

Enjoy the ride.