Another new lady FZ6 rider

SanNYC

Reaction score
www.dozendames.org
Hi Ladies:

I have a red 2006 FZ6 and love it. I'm a new rider who uses my bike all day for a field job. I've already had two other bikes in my short riding history. I started with a 250 Honda Rebel which I out grew in 2 weeks. I then purchased a Honda Shadow VLX 600cc, but the bumps in the city on a cruiser were giving me back problems. I also grew weary of parking a heavy clumsy cruiser the 6 to 10 times a day I stop and park on the streets of Brooklyn, NY. I also got tired of running out of gas at least once a week.

I wanted a BMW, but didn't want the security head ache or the price so the FZ was the best choice and so far a very good one.

I love the agility of this bike, the high and upright seat position and the tremendous storage I added to the bike. I have great ‘get out of the way’ power and am NO LONGER BOTHEREED BY BUMPS. :))

My only complaint is the hard seat and how hot the bike gets at times. I had the seat customized by a service called Butt Buffers:

Brooklyn Butt Buffer - Relieving lower back discomfort for motorcycle riders

Since I’m only 5’3, they lowered the seat and made a cutout for my tush. Now I can stand flat footed when I’m wearing my HD biker heals.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you with us.

I share your opinion on the seat, it's awful especially on longer rides. If you have any pics of your customised seat, pls post some. It would be nice to see what it looks like, since I'm getting tired of my bike's original seat and am trying to find ways to fix it.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome San ... Luggage set up looks great.

Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do :)

And more importantly the bike :thumbup:

gr8eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
For ideas on custom seats you might try one of the following

Bill Mayer or Rocky Mayer custom motorcycle seats

Russell Day long Saddles

Sargent custom seats

Corbin

Oh and welcome to the board San.

Glenn