airbag helmet tested

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey that is pretty cool. It really stablizes the head during impact. Looks like it could prevent/lessen whiplash injuries.

IPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
It looks good! I saw something like this for the first time a couple of years ago (maybe more) when the F1 started to implement the whole neck suporters for all the pilots. Now this is used on every car competition I see everywhere. This airbag needs to have a really fast reaction to the impact, otherwise would be useless.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the whiplash protection like that already built into my jacket. Good speed humps. :D

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
It looks good! I saw something like this for the first time a couple of years ago (maybe more) when the F1 started to implement the whole neck suporters for all the pilots. Now this is used on every car competition I see everywhere. This airbag needs to have a really fast reaction to the impact, otherwise would be useless.

this is called the
"hans device"

HANS device - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this looks the good something i would buy for sure

helmet loosk nice too!

KensFz6

Wreck in progress
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How is the airbag triggered? I see a cord attatched to the bike in the video but I'm not sure thats it.

I recall seeing a riding jacket that had airbags built into the neck and sides of the spine when a cord attached to the bike was pulled. (Kinda like how a jet ski turns off if you fall off)

How embarrassing would it be if you were getting off your bike and :eek: You forgot to unhook yourself from the handlebars?

It's probably something pretty complex to be able to be triggered from all those different scenarios.

EDIT: Paragraph 2 added to clarify point

Last edited:

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
How is the airbag triggered? I see a cord attatched to the bike in the video but I'm not sure thats it.

I recall seeing a riding jacket that had airbags built into the neck and sides of the spine when a cord attached to the bike was pulled. (Kinda like how a jet ski turns off if you fall off)

How embarrassing would it be if you were getting off your bike and :eek: You forgot to unhook yourself from the handlebars?

It's probably something pretty complex to be able to be triggered from all those different scenarios.

EDIT: Paragraph 2 added to clarify point

i did some google

is basically says it is activated via bluetooth with the sensors in teh bike itself
and the lid comes with a blue tooth headset as well

less than 1.5 secs to deploy fully....
im hoping u dont need to keep the lid "charged"
as if it goes flat your ****t

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Doesn't look like it does much if you get into a front end collision, but great for getting nailed from behind...hopefully that won't happen.

any preliminary price tags on such an "advanced" helmet?

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a good idea...the jacket was questionable.

I am looking for a bluetooth helmet and would consider this if the price is not ridiculously stupid.

The airbag and a reasonable price would move these off the shelves. But as usual the stupid price will probably stop the helmet from selling.

Steve

Yamahahauler

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a great start and will get better as time and technology move forward. When i travel thru the KY state i still get goose bumps when i see all the people up their riding without a helmet. It reminds me of a Charles Bronson movie called Death Wish. Apparently some of use want to live more than others, or ??

Maddeth

Reaction score
Visit site
very clever idea, but how sensative is it? i mean i can brake pretty quick if i need to, am i gonna get a neck full of bag if i do? Would like to know how it detects an impact :p

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
very clever idea, but how sensative is it? i mean i can brake pretty quick if i need to, am i gonna get a neck full of bag if i do? Would like to know how it detects an impact :p

it would use accelerometers mounted in the bike

yes u can stop quick but not as quick when u hit a solid object