Conti Road Attacks vs BT-016

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone had experience with both? I am about to change my stockers. I've read both are good but I wanted to know which is better before I buy them today.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Loved the Road attacks but they seem to be made of softer compound => wear out sooner. I haven't tried the BT16s though

Scab

Nobody special
Reaction score
Visit site
I've not ran the Conti's, but the FZ is currently wearing the BT-016's. Mileage is currently about 2700-2800 miles. Wear is pretty darn good for the mileage. These tires stick like glue. This is a very confidence-inspiring tire.
It is hard to say how far I will get on these tires, but I'm guessing 6k or better. Which, for me is good. The roads around here are pretty course and my best mileage so far was 6k on a set of Pirelli Corsa III's. I think I only got about 4600 out of the stockers.
With the performance I have gotten so far from the -016's, I don't foresee myself trying anything else anytime soon. These tires rock!

Scab

Nobody special
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know what price the Conti's run, but I picked up the BT-016's from SWMoto delivered to the door for $229.90.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know what price the Conti's run, but I picked up the BT-016's from SWMoto delivered to the door for $229.90.

How come you got them that cheap? Currently they are $240 without shipping and tax.

Last edited:

Scab

Nobody special
Reaction score
Visit site
That was the price for the set.

I haven't looked at the price lately. Maybe the economy has stricken my tire-guys too.

Dunno. I just checked. Today's price is $236.90

Shipping is free if you buy two tires.

Last edited: