Don't set your helmet down "top down"!!!!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so many people do this and it pisses me off. it creates micro-fractures to set your helmet down with the hard side down.

well those microfractures are where the helmet wil crack from in a crash sequence.

recently a fellow was out riding, went down at about 40kph and his helmet just broke open like an egg. no doubt due ot microfractures. that guy passed away. this is serious business.

your helmet = your life

dont treat it with less respect than you would your own life. micro-fractures are invisible and the more u have the more likely you are to have it crack open. obviously a perfect helmet is unrealistic as you would have to have a factory fresh one every time you ride out, but dont be needlessly careless with ur brain-bucket.

cheers

FZ6er_FSR

Reaction score
Visit site
You mean people place their helmets on the ground upside down? Like a bowl? I can't image people doing that since:
1-Our helmets are so expensive
2-It ruins the finish of the helmet
3-Helmet would roll away and risk scratching the visor.
4-Helmet looks better when it's set normally.

There are many reason why we never set our helmets anywhere like a bowl!

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have seen more people than i can count put their helmets down that way. even pricey ones. and it happens MUCH more commonly when someone else puts ur helmet down. i never let anyone touch my lid....ever.