My review on bridgstone battlax 021's

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I put the 021's on after my factory dunlops lasting about 4700 miles. I now have about 600 miles on the 021's.
Warm up time- it does take alittle longer for the tires to warm up compared to the dunlops, but once they are warmed up they a a super sticky tire.
Traction- no problems in this department havent rode on wet pavement yet but I usually try not to. They grab the road like a supersport tire.
Treadlife- havent had much time with the tire but seems like it will be a good wearing tire.
Tread pattern- that is something different about this tire the tread pattern is alittle unusual in my opinion but of course this is my first sport touring tire.
Price- These are a very well priced tire in my opinion I got both of them through dennis kirk for about $232 shipped.
All in all i would probably buy this tire again if the tread life is going to be what i excpect it to be. By the way I have no chicken strips left on the rear tire.
:rockon:

Scab

Nobody special
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the write-up. I'd be real interested in how this tire wears on the FZ, especially the front. I'll be grateful if you will keep us posted.:thumbup:

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
i also just put on a rear bt-021, thanks to a staple in my oem tire at 7600 miles. i probably could have got another 1000 out of the oem tire, but been wanting to put on a new tire.

still scrubbing them in. i use my bike for highway commuting so ill be interested in how they wear.

Hondo64d

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for posting your findings. I'll need to replace mine soon, and the 21 is one I am considering.

John

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I will post again at about 1500 miles wich will probably be this next riding season. It is about time to put it up for the winter, and it is hunting season. I will keep everybody posted on my findings.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Used them too. I find them to be great tires. Grip is very good, it is a dual compound tire after all. After they were worn out I changed to Road attacks due to price difference. They had a EUR60 difference (I guess that's about $100)

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
a quick update on my experience with a rear BT 021...it works fine when dry, but i really feel unstable when wet. ill be going down the highway at 70 mph when its raining, and it feels like it slips sideways - ive got 2500 miles on the rear BT 021. i should mention that i already have a flat spot (too much highway riding, not enough twisties).

i need to replace the oem front Dunlop, and i dont think im going with the front BT 021. im considering the Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT for the front, and potentially, ill be swapping out my rear tire as well, eventhough it only has 2500 miles on it.

Manx

Reaction score
Visit site
I have done 5k on my 021's and they are pretty good, I think I should get another 2k from them at least. However, I also feel they are slightly worse than the pilot road 2's (had on previous bike) in the wet. But the Pilot road 2's only lasted 4 1/2k.

Choices choices....