Dropped my bike!

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
I layed my FZ down last night.:( I was approaching a traffic signal when the light turned red. I applied my front brake and hit a wet spot on the pavement from a sprinkler at a high school that was pointed the wrong way. I low sided at 30mph. I tumbled once and slid about 15 feet. The bike slid about 100 feet with sparks everywhere. I jumped up looked to make sure wasn't about to get run over and some bystanders helped me pick up the bike. I checked myself over and did a little walking around swearing. I looked the bike over, didn't even scratch the tank! The right foot peg and waterpump housing tool the worst of it. Though I am going to have to replace a front turn signal and the front half fairing is pretty scratched up. I got on the bike, had a hard time starting it, air in the line I guess, and rode 15 miles to my girlfriends apt. and layed down on the lawn looking myslef over.

Lots of road rash on my right knee, both hips, a sprained ankle, and possibly broken left wrist ( I won't find out until tuesday).

On the bright side, my jacket did its job, I will buy another Fieldsheer jacket after this test, though I will try different gloves, my rihgt palm has a big chunk of road rash (Alpinestars SMX). My helmet never touched the ground! Denim is okay in a slow slide, not so good in the tumble. I figure I've got about a weeks worth of healing before I can jump back in the saddle.

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Ya what he said ^^^ Just think how bad it would have been if you had no gloves or jacket. Glad your ok.:thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I layed my FZ down last night.:( I was approaching a traffic signal when the light turned red. I applied my front brake and hit a wet spot on the pavement from a sprinkler at a high school that was pointed the wrong way. I low sided at 30mph. I tumbled once and slid about 15 feet. The bike slid about 100 feet with sparks everywhere. I jumped up looked to make sure wasn't about to get run over and some bystanders helped me pick up the bike. I checked myself over and did a little walking around swearing. I looked the bike over, didn't even scratch the tank! The right foot peg and waterpump housing tool the worst of it. Though I am going to have to replace a front turn signal and the front half fairing is pretty scratched up. I got on the bike, had a hard time starting it, air in the line I guess, and rode 15 miles to my girlfriends apt. and layed down on the lawn looking myslef over.

Lots of road rash on my right knee, both hips, a sprained ankle, and possibly broken left wrist ( I won't find out until tuesday).

On the bright side, my jacket did its job, I will buy another Fieldsheer jacket after this test, though I will try different gloves, my rihgt palm has a big chunk of road rash (Alpinestars SMX). My helmet never touched the ground! Denim is okay in a slow slide, not so good in the tumble. I figure I've got about a weeks worth of healing before I can jump back in the saddle.
Hi mate, glad your still in one piece. Im sorry to hear that your ride has got some battle damage. Perhaps you could consider posting some pics of the damage on the hall of shame. Im curious, how come its going to take so long to get your wrist looked at?

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of mis-aimed sprinklers in my locale, too. Glad you're relatively OK, and anxious to get back on!

Mel T

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about that TB. I'm glad you didn't get hurt too bad, and it sounds like there was minimal damage to the bike, which will make the cost of repairs easier to live with. Hopefully, you'll be back in the saddle in no time. When you get back up and running, we'll have to plan another ride. Take care.

Mel

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
/cheer

Glad you are alright. some spraigns, bit of road rash, thats always a real good learning tool. I hope the wrist is not broken. Bike is pretty tough though, isnt it?

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got home, will post pics as soon as I can. I stayed with my Girlfriend all weekend as she is an athletic trainer and specializes in sports medicine. As good as a doctor The wrist is not broken just badly sprained, we had to wait a couple of days for the swelling to go down to check. My ankle is healing up nicely, wish I had my boots on that night:mad: Just remember ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time!), something I forgot,:Im With Stupid: gonna buy some riding pants too:thumbup: I'd have had no injuries except for my hand and wrist if I was wearing riding pants.

Having my road rash cleaned hurt so bad it made me throw up. I forgot what it felt like, but no infections:D