frame sliders

frame slider poll

• Motovation

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • LSL

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • OES

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • SW-MOTECH Crashbars (even though their not frame sliders)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • other

Votes: 33 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
its time for a frame slider vote:thumbup: every one is always asking witch frame slider are better, i have only had the motivation's, so can say about the others. here are some of the most popular slider's

Last edited:

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site
T-Rex would be worth having on the list too, I think many people have them.

They are some of the very highest quality, well made with good inserts and strong bolts. They're priced more fairly than most others as well.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a custom pair from Cycle One Off. I love them, they look great with the silver on my 2005 bike.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had to vote Motovation because that's the only one that I've used. And by used I mean sent my bike skidding down the road on it. Chemiker crash

I was very pleased with the performance and learned afterward that a lot of thought went into the materials. They are made out of a nylon that resists material loss as your bike is sliding down the road (it can slide for longer than delrin before it is all gone), and it is UV stabilized which is important because some of our bikes sit out in the sun a lot.

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
I had to vote Motovation because that's the only one that I've used. And by used I mean sent my bike skidding down the road on it. Chemiker crash

I was very pleased with the performance and learned afterward that a lot of thought went into the materials. They are made out of a nylon that resists material loss as your bike is sliding down the road (it can slide for longer than delrin before it is all gone), and it is UV stabilized which is important because some of our bikes sit out in the sun a lot.
glade your ok, and yes the frame sliders saved you bike very good. no matter what frame slider you have their will be small damaged to the top of the bike. sorry to hear about that, i drive on that road all the time it's crazy with all of those blind turns.:eek: thanks for that post, +1 for Motovation:rockon:

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm giving the T-Rex sliders a shot. I should have them some time next week.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Someone (Fred) should build a fixture to test frame sliders, kind of like Consumer Reports.

I'm thinking that there should be some sort of impact of a given force to simulate a bike slamming into the ground, followed by a 25' or 50' slide across a rough surface. The fixture doesn't have to be 50' long; it can be a conveyer type thing.

The evaluation can consist of reporting how much material was lost, qualitative evaluation of the slider, etc.

The forum can pitch in to buy a set of sliders from every possible manufacturer and send them to Fred for testing. I nominate him because from his posts he seems the most capable of designing and building such a contraption. At the end, Fred can make a recommendation and we can organize a group buy.

lordplayer

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I just ordered some Motivations, although I've already dropped my bike at a stop sign and scratched the engine case on the left side. I am thinking about replacing the engine case after I get the sliders on.

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
I've only had the OES sliders on, but I like the choice of diameter and cut on the sliders, they went right on with no issues, used their hardware, and they stick out far enough that they will protect everything they should; I hope I never have to find out for sure.

NOMALOS

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got some Shoguns on route for delivery...actually they should be in today:rockon: Motovation seemed a bit to expensive for their purpose. From reviews from other riders who use the less expensive sliders they seem to do their job just fine.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Shoguns now and HATE them. They are no where near long enough to save the engine case covers. I cannot wait to get them off my bike but I just haven't had "Motivation" to spend the money twice with so many other mods available to me. :D

Others may have a different opinion of them. When they come off, I'll likely keep them as a backup in the event the Motivations actually get used for their intended purchase. Some is still better than none. ;)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I voted for Motovatation, not because i have them, but because those are the ones that i want, the mushroom color matched ones...:drool:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought fs6 and was not too happy with them, the bolts were messed up from the factory and they would not send me the right lengths. I bought bolts from motovation and by there customer service alone I would buy motovation.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I also got the FS6 sliders. I had trouble getting mine too, took over a month for them to show up (damn canada post). But they refunded my shipping so I was ok with it. Haven't "used" them yet, and don't plan to. Don't really know how to qualify whether they are good or not. They're hard plastic knobs that stick out the side of my bike.....I guess they are good at it. :confused:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Next to Motivation, I beleive that Uncaged would be the most popular sliders, and might even be more popular if they didn't go out of business. They have held up in crashes well based on riders posts who had them on. I have a pair on my bike as well.

But their customer service stinks, and like I mentioned before, I think they went out of business because they had a fire sale on all their stuff. Sliders that were selling for $75 were selling for $40.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Shogun too and have feared the same thing. I haven't been willing to lay the bike down to confirm it though.

I hope that NEITHER of us have the unfortunate chance of confirming! :thumbup:

Likely this winter, I will order the Motivation sliders and get them installed. So many plans for the bike once it is winterized! :D

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive just put oggy's on mine, they are a australian made one that is used highly in the race circuit.Wanted genuine gytr but were on back order from japan.