Best Headphones For Riding?

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys I've been thinking about getting some different head phones for riding and I was wondering what you guy's use or what you guy's would suggest?

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking for some ear buds that will work under a helmet but I have small ear canals. I even have trouble finding ear plugs that will work. Any suggestions for people with small ear canals?

kustom17

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking for some ear buds that will work under a helmet but I have small ear canals. I even have trouble finding ear plugs that will work. Any suggestions for people with small ear canals?

the Sony ones i bought at Best Buy (above) come with three different ear bud sizes.. I use the medium which fit perfect but it also has a smaller set that sound like they might fit for you

Last edited:
I

inkrediboy

I actually had those for my Ipod but I lost them :(

What up tofer - yeah, these things for 20 bucks are a blast. I've put them through hell under my helmet daily - they take a beating and are cheaply replaced. The wiring is insulated in some pretty quality rubber coating. In addition they have a lifetime warranty for standard operation.

That company makes a lot of audio stuff for active lifestyles and sports activities - definitely a good buy, small compact, and fantastic sounding. # 1 they fit under the lid beautifully.

Skullcandy

I ended up getting these after many recommendations from R1-forum.com riders as I was even contemplating in helmet bluetooth systems. Big bang for the buck - go get another pair :)!!!!

Makes a great ride - a FREAKIN GREAT RIDE.... and when you get off the bike and the helmet comes off - the music is still spinning.

In fact I got them in my ears right now pumping some Guns and Roses Appetite for Deeeestruuuction.... from the freeway to my bedroom. Hell yeah!!! I barely even listen to my home audio system now with these buds on tap.

INk

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This topic has been explored and some excellent reviews have been posted:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/safety-equipment/581-ear-plugs-no-ear-plugs-question-5.html#post6944

Dark_ish recommends the Etymotic Research, Inc. - ER•6i Isolator Earphones
which I admit are the best fitting and sounding. I bought them on Amazon and they are phenomenal. I had problems with other brands simply slipping off as I put on my helmet; no problems with the Etymotics. The one only bad part about me wearing them was that I got caught going 70MPH in a 45MPH zone. The music, the bike and I were one, and so the speed was irrelevant until of course I got laser-tagged and pulled over.

Reaction score
Visit site
wow...i'm so glad i found this post...i was just about to post one to ask that same question! well thanks for all the input ppls!!!

has neone ever had ne trouble riding with them though? like safety wise?

I

inkrediboy

Hey Chris - I didn't know you rocked out under the lid too :)

Riding with headphones on does take getting used too - got to have the right balance of volume to hear the pipes as well. Just enough that is. You start driving by feel, and knowing when power up or power down is needed by touch vibration tone, and sensation of speed instead of tach volume monitoring.

A good friend that you have ridden with that shall go nameless (he's a really good fast rider too) gave it a try about a week ago, and stalled the bike in 1st because of his lack of aural connectivity to his pipes :) - where's my dam camera when you need it!!

eyedoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I use the Challenger molded earphones. You have to get injection molds of your ear canals. My brother had them made, I think by racing electronics. They are about $130. They do block out most of the noise without music and all of the noise with a low volume of music. I do not use them in the city, but they are great for long rides in the country. Alan

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
...A good friend that you have ridden with that shall go nameless (he's a really good fast rider too) gave it a try about a week ago, and stalled the bike in 1st because of his lack of aural connectivity to his pipes :) - where's my dam camera when you need it!!

HeHe, even I NEVER stall! ;)
I think that's one of the advantages of riding a bike - engaging the clutch and shifting gears. Manual cars just as well give you a sense of being more in control of the machine. Riding a motorcycle is awesome especially when you can legally split lanes.