Shinko 009 Raven's

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now i know what you are all thinking... "Stinko's"???

Well honestly i have has the 005's on my old bike and they were very impressive for the price and Keira is running them on her SV. My stock tires wore out awt 11,000 miles and it was time for some new ones. I wanted to try the continental road attacks, but $ was tight with the new house so i ordered the new 009 Raven tires from Shinko.

So far i like them, they feel very stable and very redictable and i have had no slipping with them (other than hard riding at the track in the rain where i would expect slipping from just about any tire.) and during the dry session on my track day they stuck to the track like glue.

I have done some cold weather commuting with them and they seem to warm up fairly quickly even in the sub 40 degree temps that i have been riding in. They also seem to hold very well to the new 40 miles (each way) of twisty country roads that i am "Forced" to ride on to get to and from work.

I will get more of a write up as i get more miles on them, but initially i am impressed and at $170 for the set delivered i am not complaining one bit!

633039316525118750009Rear.jpg
633039314252150000009Front.jpg

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
First of these on here - at least since I've been here.
Interesting & thx for the post............don't forget to do that follow-up for us!
:thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will do the follow up. For what it's worth the 005's that i had and Keira is currently running are and have been great, i felt just as confident in them as i did on my Pilot roads that i had on before them on my old bike. I would have run them again, but the 009's are supposed to last a bit longer (I got 7000 miles out of the 005's before trading in the bike).

005.jpg