Greenville to Pittsburgh in 1 day: Done!

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
My buddy ben and I rode our bikes to visit his folks in Pittsburgh, PA this last weekend. I'll have to look at our exact mileage, but it was something like 1300 miles roundtrip. We started at 5am on Friday, with it being 35 degrees. It finally broke 40 degrees 3 hours later right before the Virginia State Line. I have around 400 pictures, but I'll upload the highlights. Oh and gas prices were awesome up North. 3.35 was our cheapest gas. It was a blast and put some chicken stripes on my perfect Pirellis:Flash:

Enjoy!

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
250th celebration of Pittsburgh on Saturday. Supposedly the biggest fireworks show in the United States. Fireworks launched from bridges, buildings, and 17 or so barges.

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
My buddy ben and I rode our bikes to visit his folks in Pittsburgh, PA this last weekend. I'll have to look at our exact mileage, but it was something like 1300 miles roundtrip. We started at 5am on Friday, with it being 35 degrees. It finally broke 40 degrees 3 hours later right before the Virginia State Line. I have around 400 pictures, but I'll upload the highlights. Oh and gas prices were awesome up North. 3.35 was our cheapest gas. It was a blast and put some chicken stripes on my perfect Pirellis:Flash:

Enjoy!

Wow! Sounds awesome. That's some serious mileage for a weekend trip.

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! We had a blast and the Fz left me happy there and back. I have already talked the wife into a little mountains this weekend, so I can rid myself of my little chicken stripes.

Pimpson

Reaction score
Visit site
Awww, Greenville.... My wife and I visited there last year, loved it, came home and put our house up for sale to move there......and then the prices collapsed. Looks like you had fun, great pic of the bridge. Where is that bridge at?

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
That is a bridge on 19 toll road in Virginia if I recall correctly. One of the most amazing bridges I have seen. The locals bungie jump off of it.