time to get some new tires. trying to deiced between the pirelli strada's or the michelin pilot road

time to get some new tires. trying to deiced between the pirelli strada's or the michelin pilot road

• pirelli strada's

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • michelin pilot road 2

Votes: 31 79.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
time to get some new tires. trying to deiced between the pirelli strada's or the Michelin pilot road 2's. i want to have good grip in the corners and also have good mileage wear

Last edited:

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't try the michellin but I tried the stradas. Nice tire but I liked the BT21s more. Better grip, longer lasting (2 compound tire) but they need a bit more time to get into temp.

As for single compound tires, I also liked the Conti Road attacks better too. I am not saying they are nad tires (they are very good), but for me there are better choices out there.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I selected the Michelins as that is what I plan on buying. The 021s and the Attacks are on the short list too. I still have a while to go however, 4,400 miles and the 020 still look good! :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Michelins, awesome tyres in the wet & dry, excellent side grip, very consistent wear over tyre life, and you will get great mileage out of them, even with a considerable amount of sport riding.

Have not tried the Pirelli's, but i have heard they are an excellent tyre as well.

:thumbup:

BobSchmickle

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the PR2 put on shortly after getting my bike (had nail in back when i got it). I mostly commute, and over 1000 miles, i cannot see any wear. No flat spotting. Still about 1/4" of chicken strips (no opportunity to get it that far over). I do enjoy the roundabout near work. I've never felt any poor traction.

My only complaint is the noise from the front tire. It may be the concrete roads or the tread pattern. I'm not sure what causes it. It was there with the factory front tire as well. I notice it most between 50-65 mph. Still great tires for the price.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't like my experience with the Michelin PR². They wore well (8K miles) but lost cornering and braking grip very unpredictably from about 2K miles on. Maybe it's just the way I ride, but a riding partner of mine (BMW R1200 ST) has the same problems as I have, and we have very different bikes.

I guess this is why it's a poll, different opinions, good luck.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I voted for Pirelli Stradas as those were the tires I bought at around 8K miles on the stock rubbers. I think both are great tires. Keep in mind that Stradas were designed for mostly commuting and recreational attack on the twisties. I have about 2,000 miles on mine and have yet to see wear on them. Anyway, I think that the Pro Pilots may be better primarily on track and twisties. If you like Pirelli check out the new Diablo Rossos

That is my next set of tires.:rockon:

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I have the battlaxe 021's. I have about 1000 miles on them they have superior grip compared to the factory dunlops, they do take a little bit longer to warm up. I noticed once I put them on it is easier to bring the front wheel up I dont know whether it is a lighter tire or just plain better grip but i like them 1000 miles and still look like a new tire. My chicken strips are very little if any left.

S

sportrider

I've never ran the pirelli's but, after hearing Cali's review on the PR2's that was enough for me to take them off my list.

Last edited by a moderator:

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had my diablo rosso's on for about 3K now and I couldnt be happier. They just took me to Pittsburgh and back(over 1300miles/weekend) without trouble. They handle very well and are predictable at high speeds(west virginia mountains)

yoogi

Reaction score
Visit site
I was convinced to buy the Pilot Road 2's but would have to wait (at least a few weeks) as everyone was sold out. I bought the Pilot Powers for winter riding in the Vancouver rain.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I like to run the pilot power up front and a pilot road on the rear. Costs less then the PR2's and stick just fine in the twistys.

Have my first set of pilot road 2's on my FJR- great tires.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Pilot Powers, and will get them again. They ride real well, and hug the corners great. I got them used off of a friend of mine, so I cannot comment on wear, but I will get another set when these are done.