First Canyon Ride!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Puttered around the neighborhood a bit this morning, then decided to finally take her up Ogden Canyon. I've been taking some curves a bit faster in my neighborhood and getting comfortable with it, so felt I was ready. Two kids killed themselves in separate accidents up that canyon just in the last month, but they were going way too fast, taking chances and not wearing helmets.
Man, what a blast! Going up I stayed right at the speed limit, had a truck following me but he kept his distance so I didn't feel rushed. Road condition was perfect, beautiful day. Got up to the dam/powerstation at the top of the canyon, pulled off and breathed and grinned and sat in the sunshine a minute, then headed back down. On the way back down I took the straighter sections a bit faster, only letting up on the throttle to slow going into tighter curves (no brakes yet, wasn't going that fast) and then throttling out of the curves, fun! I've been toying with getting a helmet cam, I won't be driving like some of the other videos posted here but it's such a pretty drive, gonna make the purchase.
I used to claim only one thing kept me living in Utah (skiing) but now there's two things! :Sport:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi mate, glad you had a blast :)

I've bought a camera mount that connects to the tank petrol cap ... haven't used it yet but plan on taking it to the lake district in the UK.. Some lovely scenery there. If you get any footage please share it with us and I'll reciprocate ;) ..... is that spelt right ???? :eek:

:Sport:

Last edited:
S

sportrider

good times!!! canyon riding is my favorite past time!!!
no pics?:Sport: