Alpinestars WR-2 Winter Gloves - Recommended!

Sosu2211

Super Furry Animal
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought a pair of these last month to replace some race leather Alpinestars ones I use for the summer. I paid 80Euro or so, around $100, and for that price was a little dubious about how they would do;

Alpinestars WR-2 Gore-Tex Gloves - KneeDraggers.com

Alpinestars WR-2 Gore-Tex Gloves - Motorcycle Superstore

I just got back from a weekend away, and am happy to report that even in the *worst* weather I have ever ridden in - driving rain, rivers of water running across the road, 40+mph crosswinds - they performed very well indeed!

NO water ingress at all. After 2 hours in torrential rain, my hands were as dry as when they started.

At speeds in excess of 80mph I could feel some wind chill on my fingers, but I was surprised at how little, and only after an hour or so did my hands feel anything other than totally warm and toasty!

Stitching quality, and quality of the materials is second to none.

Fit is ok, and I suspect would be fine for most riders. You can adjust the wrist support with 2 velcro fasteners, and when put on ride, they are as comfortable as any glove I have had before, and let in no water all around the wrist.

All in all, I am *very* happy with the purchase, and could recommend them totally!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am always on the hunt for better winter gloves. Thanks!

The best thing I've done is upgrade the bike to the '08 from the '05 model. The new fairing design forces all the air around my hands rather than wind directly on them as the '05 did. Yamaha designed the new fairing very well!

I still want better gloves without having to install heaters. I do like the recent how-to on the cheap way for grip heaters but I'm not ready to do that just yet.

Thanks for the review! Very helpful!

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
RIDER magazine had an article a few months ago about the different options for grip heaters, from just the elements to more easily installable options. I'll have to check if their review is online.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I was just out with my bike for a quick evening ride and cussed out the cold weather gloves I have now. I think they were made for 60 degree riding - not the 45 we have going on this evening.

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my self Alpinestart Vega drystar gloves and I hope will do the job just like yours, cant wait to try on once is come inn
Thank s for the review

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the thread.

Been looking at winter cloves myself. Now, I know what to look at and compare too.

Thanks.

F

FZSex

Bought a pair of these last month to replace some race leather Alpinestars ones I use for the summer. I paid 80Euro or so, around $100, and for that price was a little dubious about how they would do;

Alpinestars WR-2 Gore-Tex Gloves - KneeDraggers.com

Alpinestars WR-2 Gore-Tex Gloves - Motorcycle Superstore

I just got back from a weekend away, and am happy to report that even in the *worst* weather I have ever ridden in - driving rain, rivers of water running across the road, 40+mph crosswinds - they performed very well indeed!

NO water ingress at all. After 2 hours in torrential rain, my hands were as dry as when they started.

At speeds in excess of 80mph I could feel some wind chill on my fingers, but I was surprised at how little, and only after an hour or so did my hands feel anything other than totally warm and toasty!

Stitching quality, and quality of the materials is second to none.

Fit is ok, and I suspect would be fine for most riders. You can adjust the wrist support with 2 velcro fasteners, and when put on ride, they are as comfortable as any glove I have had before, and let in no water all around the wrist.

All in all, I am *very* happy with the purchase, and could recommend them totally!

Hi, what was the temperature outside??

b.konstadinos

LIVE TO RIDE TO LIVE
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi good and useful thread as the winter coming. I've searched a lot for winter gloves and i was between these Alpinestars and the Dainese Sprog S. Finally i ended up with the dainese, a little bit more expensive but they have grate protection too. I ride everyday on the highway at speeds above 90mph with the temp in the early morning at about 9-10C. I'm very pleased with the gloves even in rain or cold conditions. Here's a link :

Dainese Sprog-S Gore-Tex Gloves - KneeDraggers.com

I was going to start a new thread for the gloves but as there is this one on it's better to post here.:thumbup:

A

Aggietaco

Thought I'd post up as well.

I picked the Alpinestars WR-2's from NewEnough.com and have used them 5 or 6 times in the past 2 weeks. My other pair of gloves are a mesh 3/4 cuff that leave my hands pretty numb as the end of my 15 mile 40-80mph commute in the mornings before the sun is up when temps are below 50. So far, these have worked great and keep my hands nice and warm all the way to the office. The only downside is that I need to cary both sets of gloves because these are too warm when the temps are above 70 or so. I haven't worn them in the rain yet, so I can't speak to their weather-proofness, but for a mild winter, I highly recommend these.

F

FZSex

It was a nice 27 degrees on the ride in this morning. I'm gonna have to hook up the gerbing gloves at last