Phillips Motovision H7 Bulb

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Recently I have been trying to find a decent upgrade for the stock headlight bulb without going to HIDs or projectors. I first tried the Hella Extreme Yellow. These lights were barely yellow and didn't seem to perform any better than the stock bulbs at night. However, during the day, the headlight housing appeared a nice lemon yellow that I really liked. I was cruising around town the other day and stopped by a very big aftermarket auto parts store called "Super Autobacs." They have a huge selection of cager stuff. From DVD screens to exhausts, they seem to cover everything. They also have a very wide selection of headlight bulbs. One item that caught my eye was the Phillips Motovision bulbs, a bulb intended for motorcycle use. They come with one bulb per box and cost about $18. It supposed to shine farther and also emit a 40% whiter light than stock. The really cool thing about it that drove me to purchase it was that it also gives a reddish/orange glow around the headlight housing.

After installing it in the parking lot, I looked to see if the box was telling the truth. Sure enough there was this red/orange glow around the headlight housing, which I thought matched the Red FZ6 perfectly. As for shining farther and emiting a whiter light, on my ride home from work tonight it did indeed shine farther and whiter. I will probably end up buying the H4 bulb as well for the highbeam side. The only concern I have is how long the bulb will last.

So there ya go. If one is looking for a pricey H7 headlamp bulb to upgrade/replace the stock ones, I highly recommend the Phillips Motovision bulbs. Especially if one owns a black FZ6. Red head lamps and on a black motorcycle? I think that is super sexy :thumbup:.

Todd08

Molly and Jacks Dad
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Recently I have been trying to find a decent upgrade for the stock headlight bulb without going to HIDs or projectors. I first tried the Hella Extreme Yellow. These lights were barely yellow and didn't seem to perform any better than the stock bulbs at night. However, during the day, the headlight housing appeared a nice lemon yellow that I really liked. I was cruising around town the other day and stopped by a very big aftermarket auto parts store called \"Super Autobacs.\" They have a huge selection of cager stuff. From DVD screens to exhausts, they seem to cover everything. They also have a very wide selection of headlight bulbs. One item that caught my eye was the Phillips Motovision bulbs, a bulb intended for motorcycle use. They come with one bulb per box and cost about $18. It supposed to shine farther and also emit a 40% whiter light than stock. The really cool thing about it that drove me to purchase it was that it also gives a reddish/orange glow around the headlight housing.

After installing it in the parking lot, I looked to see if the box was telling the truth. Sure enough there was this red/orange glow around the headlight housing, which I thought matched the Red FZ6 perfectly. As for shining farther and emiting a whiter light, on my ride home from work tonight it did indeed shine farther and whiter. I will probably end up buying the H4 bulb as well for the highbeam side. The only concern I have is how long the bulb will last.

So there ya go. If one is looking for a pricey H7 headlamp bulb to upgrade/replace the stock ones, I highly recommend the Phillips Motovision bulbs. Especially if one owns a black FZ6. Red head lamps and on a black motorcycle? I think that is super sexy :thumbup:.
I looked up the bulbs online, they seem pretty cool. Which bulb did you install in the low side the H4 or H7?

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw these the other day and was wondering how they would perform..
I have the Philips +80 in the cage and it is indeed the best performing bulb I've had to date (tried Piaa, Sylvania, Philips +50, Novara). It has also lasted longer than ony other bulb I've had (other than OEM).
Does the Moto bulb have a coating on it?

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com
Phillips with two LL's is the oil company, royal dutch philips electronics has one L :D

...yep.. here defending my employers name :ban:

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
Phillips with two LL's is the oil company, royal dutch philips electronics has one L :D

...yep.. here defending my employers name :ban:

Nice. Thank your employer for making my TV. :thumbup:
I'll also be checking out the lights soon.

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are some pics of the bulb and the beam pattern. Unfortunately, I do not know how to capture the red/orangle glow from the headlights with my digitial camera, but believe me when I say that the glow is there. The bulbs are tinted with a weird rainbow color, which I guess gives it the red/orange glow.

headlight5.jpg

headlight6.jpg

headlight7.jpg

Here is the BEFORE:

103_5287.jpg

Here is the AFTER. Notice the yellow fire hyrant and the white brick wall on the right and how wide the light pattern is compared to the original.

103_5286.jpg

interactive3

FZ6 Rider
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks for the link. This looks like a great bulb to get noticed and for the extended beam. Since I've done the biker_dude43 mod to make both low beam lights work I have a Luminics JDM Yellow H7 and a Sylvania SilverStar H4 (very white). The yellow is not overly yellow, which might diminish its brightness, but it contrasts the white H4. People notice.

I probably would have gotten the MotoVision lights if I had known about them.

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that low beam only? I have a dual headlight mod on my FZ6 so would installing this affect that?

Yes, it is the low beam side only. I think with the dual headlight mod, your coverage would probably be greater. I just bought the H4 bulb for the highbeam side and wow. When I come up to cars and see my reflection, the FZ6 looks quite menacing.

gt89stang393

Reaction score
Visit site
I have these for both low and high beam on my FZ, at first I hated them. But I love them now, one thing though, you will probably want to readjust your headlight alignment, the high beam shoots more to the right and straight on, does NOT cross over well at all to the left in front of you. I noticed this however since I changed my rear setting to 5 from the 3 setting, so the rear doesn't sag as much with me on it anymore. I weigh 245lbs.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to disagree here. PIAA bulbs are not well made, they just have good marketing and that's what you're paying for. German made bulbs are currently the best bulbs on the market (Philips, OSRAM, Novara, older Hellas). They have better filament alignment, balanced light with fewest hotspots, brighter light, higher lumens, and longer life per lumen.
I just bought a set of these today for the H4 side. Great bulb, cool looking halo effect.