thinking of FZ6

Brianm767

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,
Just wanted to introduce me self , Known on other sights as BRIANM767, Current rides for our family , St1300, CBR1100XX (2), F4I, SV650S,

As you can see we don't own a FZ6, but were thinking of replaceing my wifes 05 F4I with more of an upright bike, and I love the looks of the FZ6, she's a newbie, she had a sporster a few years ago but she rarely ever rode it, and while she was deployed to Iraq, she got bike fever and insisted on a new R6, or Gixer600, well I talked her into a F4I instead , I figured if she wouldnt go with a Ninja500 (my suggestion)or SV, this would be about the best and tamest 600 for her, but she rode a friends ninja the other day and agreed it was much easyer to ride due to it's upright seating position, and she felt more confident on it, But I also know that if we bought her a ninja 500, probably withai a few months she would want a newer style bike, so here I am, I'll be lurking about and picking your brains. especially from the female riders on their opinions.
Brian

Last edited:

hobbit

Short fat and hairy :))))
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome Brian to the forum i like my FZ6 handles great and has enough poke to see off most things, is better than the CBR600F i used to own

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,
Just wanted to introduce me self , Known on other sights as BRIANM767, Current rides for our family , St1300, CBR1100XX (2), F4I, SV650S,

As you can see we don't own a FZ6, but were thinking of replaceing my wifes 05 F4I with more of an upright bike, and I love the looks of the FZ6, she's a newbie, she had a sporster a few years ago but she rarely ever rode it, and while she was deployed to Iraq, she got bike fever and insisted on a new R6, or Gixer600, well I talked her into a F4I instead , I figured if she wouldnt go with a Ninja500 (my suggestion)or SV, this would be about the best and tamest 600 for her, but she rode a friends ninja the other day and agreed it was much easyer to ride due to it's upright seating position, and she felt more confident on it, But I also know that if we bought her a ninja 500, probably withai a few months she would want a newer style bike, so here I am, I'll be lurking about and picking your brains. especially from the female riders on their opinions.
Brian
Its a great bike. It sounds as though your wife has some experience. Get he down for a test drive and see the proof in the pudding. off topic Im glad shes back safe with you.

Brianm767

Reaction score
Visit site
A lot of bike for a newb IMO but probably better than an SS for her. How tall is she?

She's about 5'7" with no shoes on.
IMGP7151.jpg

IMGP7160.jpg

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks tall enough to me! Go to dealership and have her sit on an FZ6 to see how it feels.

Now the question is, are you going to buy new or used? There were a lot of great upgrades on the 2007.
________
Glass pipe pictures

Last edited: