How Embarrassing....

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
So I got back from work Thursday morning (I work nights, and yes I'm at work right now) and fiddled with the clutch cable adjustment at the lever. I didn't like how the lever went slack at bout 60%. I adjusted it so it felt 'right', friction zone right in the middle of the pull, not too much slack in it with the clutch out.

Should have taken it for more than a spin around the parking lot.
Was driving in very heavy traffic (A first for me at 10pm, there was a football game letting out, and I work across the street from the stadium), so lots of stop and go.

Sitting at a light I noticed a really hot girl waiting to cross and paid entirely too much attention.

Long story short; distraction + forgetting where you put the friction zone = Embarrassing stall at a red light.

To make it worse, I did it two more times trying to cross traffic :eek:.
Im going to go home tomorrow (or today? I can never tell) and put the adjustment back the way it was. :(

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Ah...that sucks. So you didn't get her number? What kind of work do you do?

Hah, I had one of those "get the hell out of here" 10k+ rpm shifts after that. Didn't exactly hang around.

I work for a one of the largest Telcos in the world as a Technical Support Engineer supporting mainly T1's in all their various flavors; fractional, Nx, Multilink, etc .

I'm a glorified helpdesk bitch.

Ferris

Reaction score
Visit site
HAAHAHAH if it make you feel better the other night I was getting home late from work and I was at a light, I was in 1st clutch, on rear brake since it was hill up, waiting for the light to change and for some reason I just forgot what was going on and let the clutch out. Bam stall, hot chicks next to me looked and smirked, I just made a right on red instead and went home another way.

It happens and I've been driving manual exclusively for 10 years and riding for a year.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Gawking at, or attempting to impress wimmin while riding a bike has always been a surefire recipe for an embarrassing moment....
You will always either stall the bike, or do a spectacularly missed upshift from 1st to 2nd gear that will have your valves bouncing off your pistons....
Or so I've heard. :D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gawking at, or attempting to impress wimmin while riding a bike has always been a surefire recipe for an embarrassing moment....
You will always either stall the bike, or do a spectacularly missed upshift from 1st to 2nd gear that will have your valves bouncing off your pistons....
Or so I've heard. :D
I once flipped my mate off his RD trying to impress wimmin. I stayed on, he fell off (I was only young and stupid then (now old and stupid). True though murphys law will always strike at moments like these.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I work at Hill Air Force Base, and about half of the security police working the gate are hotties. I have to stop, put the bike in Neutral, stand up and take out my wallet to show my ID card, and yeah there's been a couple embarrassments already :eek: ! One of my projects this weekend is to build an ID card holder mounted under my handlebars, that'll speed up the process a bit.