whats louder scorpions or leo vince's?

• scorpions

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • leo vince

Votes: 25 61.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Visit site
honestly i'm pretty sure that 2bro's are the loudest that ne of us are aware of? but i've heard that with scorpians some fe kits aren't compatible

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
I said Scorpions. The ones i have don't have DB killers...and they are loud enough for me.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I voted Leo's but only because I have them and have never heard scorps in the flesh. My Leo's have the DB's and they stay in for commuting peace ,lol

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
as most people will only have experience of one or the other i would check their websites technical page..they should have the DB outputs

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so, just a thought.... why are people that have never heard both even voting?

Leo's are louder hands down.

hearing my bike next to Have2befree's bike it was not even close. My Leo's were louder by a long shot than her scorpions.

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
The Leo's are loud ... which is logical since the kit eliminates the cat.

BUT it's no noise, it's music !!!

And you get flames ... whooo :Flash:

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a DB meter and i will bring it to the NE FZ meet and take some readings so we can have solid proof.

Awesome! I have a pair of Leos on my bike without the DB killers but with the round disc in the midpipe and I wondered how they compared to the Leos with db killers..

To OP, Leos are plenty loud to me and make such a nice growl.. never heard the scorpions, but I'm sure they sound good too.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! I have a pair of Leos on my bike without the DB killers but with the round disc in the midpipe and I wondered how they compared to the Leos with db killers..

To OP, Leos are plenty loud to me and make such a nice growl.. never heard the scorpions, but I'm sure they sound good too.

I got the exact same set up with carbon leos. I had the db killer in first and it was too quiet for me. maybe just the killers without the disc would be better. I dunno

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, i have the CF Leos without any sort of disk, and will be riding up without and then installing the killers for the ride if Keira is going to be on the back, so we can get a with and without reading as well.

I am planning on using the NH state measuring method which is 20" away and at a 45 degree angle with the bike at 2800 RPM...

Does that work for everyone?

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds good to me!
If we have time to waste, and understanding neighbors, we could do a second round at 5/6k rpm for more of a real life cruising measure..

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds good to me!
If we have time to waste, and understanding neighbors, we could do a second round at 5/6k rpm for more of a real life cruising measure..

My guess would be better with drive bys at a set speed in a set gear to get the engine under load.

chiller

Reaction score
Visit site
i pulled up next to a guy at the light a few weeks ago and he had scorps on and I had my LV on. and this was just after my track day so I had the silencers out and I could hear his bike but once we got moving I couldn't hear his at all ... I remember how loud the LV were at thetrack, I couldn't hear the wind at all thru my earplugs only the exhaust in the back ... and unless it was a vtwin coming thru behind me or me catching up to one I couldn't hear another I4

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, i have the CF Leos without any sort of disk, and will be riding up without and then installing the killers for the ride if Keira is going to be on the back, so we can get a with and without reading as well.

I am planning on using the NH state measuring method which is 20" away and at a 45 degree angle with the bike at 2800 RPM...

Does that work for everyone?
I'm interested to see the difference. I have the same setup. I've always used the db killers until Thursday when I pulled them out. Above 6000 rpm it was a little too much for me if I was riding for any distance.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
so, just a thought.... why are people that have never heard both even voting?

Leo's are louder hands down.

hearing my bike next to Have2befree's bike it was not even close. My Leo's were louder by a long shot than her scorpions.

I have to agree here - the Leo's. But personally my bike is loud enough for me.