A rubba dub dub FZ6 in the Tub

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys & Gals,

I am having problems washing all of the crap out of the lower front part of my engine. It has loads of nooks and crannies. I have tried a mit (it gets cloged up and leaves mores mess) I have tried a brush, this wont reach all areas. I have tried a pressure hose with degreaser? WTF How do you all keep the best looking bike on the road the best looking?:Im With Stupid:

hobbit

Short fat and hairy :))))
Reaction score
Visit site
perryn i think simple green is like seafoam a US only product - similar products we have over here are Castrol greentec spray on leave rinse off, Auto glym motorcycle cleaner my fave, MUC OFF word off warning when this stuff was out for MTB it would strip grease and clear coat from most things incluing frames and hubs/bottom brackets if left to long

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
perryn i think simple green is like seafoam a US only product - similar products we have over here are Castrol greentec spray on leave rinse off, Auto glym motorcycle cleaner my fave, MUC OFF word off warning when this stuff was out for MTB it would strip grease and clear coat from most things incluing frames and hubs/bottom brackets if left to long
thanks for the tip

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
You need to cut any degreaser as these WILL etch aluminum or as you brits say, aluminium.. Not bad or anything but if it is polished before it won't be afterward. Just mix it 1 to 1 with water and you should be okay. Simple Green fogged the aluminum on a friends dirt bike after just a few minutes:( Just thought I would give the heads up. I'm not sure if it will do it to our bikes as they are painted, but better safe than sorry:thumbup: