Bagster 'Touring Saddlebags' - 100% Recommended!

Sosu2211

Super Furry Animal
Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up some of these Bagster Touring Saddlebags a few weeks ago from a local store. They cost me around 80 EURO, I am guessing around $100.

Fitting: *Easy*. They strap over the back seat of the bike, and fasten with very strong Velcro straps. They also come with 8+ bungees, with which you can fasten the pack to the sides of the bike... all in all, I found that with the bags fully loaded, it is much easier if you have 2 people handy to put them on the bike, but all in all, I am very impressed.

As for proximity to the exhaust/heat issues - I had none. They do sit quite close to the exhaust 5-8cms I guess, which is less than Bagster recommend (8-10cms), but, yes, the sides of the bags did get 'warm' when I was stationary, but no more than 'mildy', and certainly not enough to cause concern or damage...

Quality: Excellent. Strong zips, double stitched throughout, expansion sections, and a nice surprise: Little pockets inside that have wet weather covers in!

Room: I am amazed at just how much they will hold! I went away 2 weeks ago and took clothes for 4 days... 2 pairs of jeans, 4 shirts, 2 jackets, 2 pairs of shoes, wash/shaving stuff, as well as a laptop and charger! I have a Toyota MR2 convertible car, and I honestly managed to get more stuff on the bike than I would have in the car!

Overall, I am *very* impressed, and can recommend then 100%.

Ok Pics! So I may have overdone the amount I took, but the bags, and the FZ6 coped without breaking a sweat!

DSC00098-1.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Visit site
i've thought about getting something like that for longer trips...thanks for the post!!!

i'm just scared that with my luck they will somehow find a way to fall off!

Sosu2211

Super Furry Animal
Reaction score
Visit site
i've thought about getting something like that for longer trips...thanks for the post!!!

i'm just scared that with my luck they will somehow find a way to fall off!

Hehe, I had that issue for the first 50 miles or so. I kept looking around to see if they were still there! :D

The Velcro straps are *very* secure in honesty, and also with the bungees supplied, they never budge. I often forget they are even on there, and always have a little panic after I have taken twisties a bit too enthusiastically!

Sosu2211

Super Furry Animal
Reaction score
Visit site
Those bags are HUGE!

Lol, they do hold a *lot*. The pic is with them on full expansion, but for 'normal' usage, they are about half as big. I just came back from using them this weekend at their 'normal' size with the rain covers on... it is amazing how much junk you can cart around with you! :D

All in all, they continue to impress!