Another naked convert

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

My work has kept me busy lately and I haven't had much time to log on and get a proper FZ6 fix, and I couldn't take my bike with me...but that all changed last month...

Here's a before shot early this summer when I got it

View attachment 8410

View attachment 8411

I have a very good friend (Tonk) who hooked my bike up for me while I was out of town for the past 3 months. Here's a list of mods:

--V-rod headlight with custom mounting bracket

--Signal mirrors

--FAZER's fender eliminator

--LOUD low tone horn (so much better)

--Motovation frame/fork sliders (the right FS needs a bolt I lost)

--Corbin seat with the removeable backrest for Jen

--Flat black paint on exhaust covers, header, radiator covers, and clutch/brake levers

--Sprocket kit (-1/+1) with speedohealer (haven't gotten those on yet)

--Cyclone 866 alarm with pager (first bike got stolen, not gonna happen again)

--Steel brake lines (not on yet)

--Convertibars

--Custom gauge holder (took my friend 40 hrs. alone)

The bill was getting to be outrageous even though he was charging me half of normal labor cost, so I had him drop the bike off at my parents until I could afford to put on the last few bits. He's a car guy (this was the first bike he's worked on) but he did an awesome job. I can't wait to get home and pick this thing up. I made it home for a week and put the alarm on and gave Tonk a hand on some other things, but other than 100 miles or so a few months ago, I haven't ridden it.

There are a few problems...I got ripped off for $600 on a pair of fully adjustable rearsets. Some Jew on the internet. (He was from Isreal, I'm not a biggot) and the covertibars aren't threaded on the inside, so I have to thread them to put the bar-ends back on.

Future mods include new oil/springs for the forks, and maybe new shock (Christmas is coming!)

I'm sorry I wasn't there to document the transformation for you all--it would have been an informative thread. Here are a few before/after pics. Let me know what you think--good and bad.

View attachment 8412

View attachment 8413

View attachment 8414

Last edited:

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
He cut the bar risers that held the original handlbars and slanted them back at an angle toward the rider, so the gauge was easier to see. The gauge holder is made of wood with a coat of some kind of polyurathane (sp?) Like I said, it took him 40 hours to make that alone.

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
I honestly can't remember where I got the mirrors--they sat in a box for 3 months before Tonk got to them--lemme see if I can find the site...

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice!!! Great work!

Do you still have all the original fairing stuff? Talk to Crazybiker about a deal on the front end, ok? We'd like to see him be the first '06 with the new front-end installed!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great! Gotta love those Convertis. I really like how you mounted the dash on the top clamp. Any photos to show that detail?

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry Hellgate--no pics. I can tell you though that he ground down the two pieces that came up from the triple tree. He just eyed up the angle, the filled the holes with liquid aluminum and smoothed it out. I told him that if he could perfect that mounting set up, there would 1000 ravenous FZ6 riders beating his door down for one.