Yes, another Brit!

camelot1971

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, i found this forum from JONAC mentioning it while i was on another FZ6 forum, seems a really great site :)

I just passed my test recently and bought a new FZ6 Fazer and love it! Added some Scorpion cans and have been running it in (gently!) for a few weeks now, still only done 200 miles on it but will try and do a few more this weekend :)

I added some pics took today after a ride out with my old man ( who rides an OWO1 ), some really great roads down in Wiltshire.

Cheers!

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Beat me to it ant_mb!!

That is a SEXY bike with that full cowling!! Wish I could afford it for my bike!!

Ride it well man...just a question...how fast does the bike go at 6000rpm (breaking in period)?

camelot1971

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers for the comments guys :) In 6th its about 80mph at 6k rpm, plenty fast enough really. I have revved it to 10k very briefly when overtaking, it really starts to go then haha but generally most of my riding has been in the 4-7k range and no faster than the speed limits, dont want to take too many chances with the break in period.

W

wrightme43

You guys got to stop with the black ones. I want mine to be black. It is almost worth having it painted jet black with metal flake ghost flames in the first layer of clear.

Welcome anyway, but you guys should write and tell Yamaha to send the black bikes to the Yanks, you guys want orange or something.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, i found this forum from JONAC mentioning it while i was on another FZ6 forum, seems a really great site :)

I just passed my test recently and bought a new FZ6 Fazer and love it! Added some Scorpion cans and have been running it in (gently!) for a few weeks now, still only done 200 miles on it but will try and do a few more this weekend :)

I added some pics took today after a ride out with my old man ( who rides an OWO1 ), some really great roads down in Wiltshire.

Cheers!
Nice cans (no pun intended) how much was the lower fairing? Nice bike and welcome aboard.

Last edited:

camelot1971

Reaction score
Visit site
I would have gone for orange if that was available, esp if it was that KTM orange! :rockon:

Wonder why Yamaha US dont offer the black, you would think it would be more popular than the blue or red.

camelot1971

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice cans (no pup intended) how much was the lower fairing? Nice bike and welcome aboard.

I think it retails from Yamaha for about £400 or so, the dealer had a blue one too with the lower fairing fitted, looked quite nice ( but we all know blue isnt as fast as a black one ;))

hobbit

Short fat and hairy :))))
Reaction score
Visit site
hmmmm KTM orange with a black frame and wheels now that would be sweet..................oh its called a super duke and cost 3 time the FZ6 :))))
either of these would be an expensive option