Biker is banned for 82mph wheelie

W

wrightme43

Bas tiches.

Dont go to Florida. They are impounding bikes and taking lic for 10 years I think.

FZ6-ZN

Insert nonsense here
Reaction score
Visit site
SA NATIONAL ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATIONS

309 Duties relating to motor cycle, motor tricycle or motor quadrucycle

(8) Any person driving a motor cycle, motor tricycle or motor quadrucycle on a public road shall do so with at least one hand on the handlebars of such motor cycle, motor tricycle or motor quadrucycle.

(9) Any person driving a motor cycle, motor tricycle or motor quadrucycle on a public road shall do so in such manner that all the wheels of such motor cycle, motor tricycle or motor quadrucycle are in contact with the surface of the road at all times.

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They're helping us out a bit in Maryland here. This article is from just a few days ago. Not that fining people for killing me is going to help me out a whole lot, but at least it puts the bug in people's ears a bit more to watch the heck out for us.

Motorcycle deaths spur Md. lawmakers to pass laws

BALTIMORE (AP) Maryland State Highway Administration officials say lawmakers passed three laws this summer to make highways safer for motorcycles.

An SHA statement says drivers who fail to yield the right of way and cause a serious crash could pay $1,000 in fines and have their license suspended. The previous penalty was $150 for failing to yield the right of way and there was no specific penalty for causing injury or death.

Also, a Maryland law in effect since June allows motorcycles to have LED lighting so bikes are more visible. Three-wheeled bikes are now considered motorcycles.

The administration says more than half of the motorcycle crashes are not the motorcycle driver's fault. Eight of 10 crashes injure or kill a motorcycle's passengers.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
BBC NEWS | England | Hampshire | Biker is banned for 82mph wheelie

Not condoning the speed etc, but why do they consider a wheelie to be lack of control, I'd have thought it shows control.

yes well
since the bike is not doing what it was designed to do......

yes it does require good control but it has the potential to go bad very quick

the laws here in aus are soo bad
if u get caught doing that your bike is taken from u for like over a week before u even get charged :(