Daytona Roadstar GTX Boots

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I got some new Daytona Roadstar boots yesterday afternoon.

RedDog4665shop.jpg

First impressions are that they are extremely comfortable. Much more so than the SIDI boots when new. They have a lot more padding around the ankles and seem to be much better built. It's no wonder the police and the EMTs in the UK wear them a lot.

They are also wider and seem to run a size larger than normal. 99% of the time I wear a size EU44 (10.5 US) but I needed a 43 in the Daytonas. The shop gave me some of the Daytona boot polish for free and told me to apply it a few times to help soften the leather so they would break in faster so I'll add more to the review after I've worn them in a bit.

So far, I'd highly recommend them.

MagicSlap

Reaction score
Visit site
Old thread, but really would like to know about the boots, how did it go after the initial breaking in period. I'm planning to buy new boots soon, and Daytona is on list as well, thanks.

Kevin

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
I've worn Daytona boots for years now, a few different models. Never had a problem.

They offer fantastic protection and comfort and can be overhauled in the factory - new soles etc. All Daytona boots are leather, unlike other, inferior, brands.

MagicSlap

Reaction score
Visit site

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
MagicSlap

They're a short version of one of the other Daytona boots. I looked at some shorty's a while back but decided that I didn't need them otherwise they would be the ones I would go for.

If you struggle to get them have a look on Ebay Germany............... often find alot on there at big reductions.

Only thing I would say is that they're a gore-tex boot. You might find them a bit warm.

Last edited:

MagicSlap

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks youngy,
If I happen to buy it, it will be my first gore-tex boot, thanks for the headsup regarding comfort in summer, 'cause I was assuming it'll be cooler than leather as they are breathable?
In Australia, it can be quite hot in summer, which is fast approaching. And the main reason I was looking at gore-tex boot is that I was assuming it's good for summer.
What would be the other alternative do you think is better for summer?
Currently, I'm looking at ebay Germany and UK and finding a few good deals there, like you suggested.

Oh another thingy is, i find FC-Moto.de - Motorrad-Helme, Motorradbekleidung, Jet Helme & Cross Helme to be quite cheap(including shipping) but they didn't reply my email and also, cc transaction page is not secured(no https://, only a http:// page). So, I dare not go through the transaction there, but the prices are tempting.