4. How does bike like it?

Last edited by a moderator:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah she loves it im 110kg and she is 70kg the bike doesnt seem to mind at all. At least it hasnt buckled under my weight yet. Its alays a bit hard at first after not being on for a while to both get back into the groove. One thing i made sure of was full safety gear for her, i keep seeing young girls here on the back of r1's at the like in singlets short skirts and thongs, scares the hell out of me.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
About half my miles have been with my girl on the back, it's just something that you have to get used to. At first it is kinda scary because the bike feels alot different with a passenger, but once they learn what to do and what not to do everything is fine. I keep the rpm's higher with her on the back, and I don't really notice anything being slower, but I'm not out racing with her on there. I'm about 210 and she's about 115, and I have the rear preload on 6 when she's on with me, a must. Braking is a little more difficult, because you have alot more weight moving forward trying to make the front end dive down. It's an easy fix though, start braking earlier. All in all it's nice having someone there with you for a nice enjoyable ride, but it's WAY more fun by yourself.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
wife rides sometimes

I am 5'6" 185 lbs, my wife is 5'4" 110 lbs soaking wet. The first time I rode my lady, the bike felt a little unstable and I felt her fighting me in the turns when I had to lean a bit. I accel'd in 2nd gear pretty tall and she got pissed and grabbed my right pectoral muscle and pinched it, obviously showing her displeasure. I dont think we will 2 up much.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
ZI took my wife for a ride on the FZ6 and she did not like much.... she got used to the "throne" on the Electraglide classic and said the FZ6 was too much like owrk and a bit too fast.

Gosh I guess that means when the Harley stays in the garage and the FZ6 rolls out I am riding solo. :thumbup:

L

Lucky

I am 5'6" 185 lbs, my wife is 5'4" 110 lbs soaking wet. The first time I rode my lady, the bike felt a little unstable and I felt her fighting me in the turns when I had to lean a bit. I accel'd in 2nd gear pretty tall and she got pissed and grabbed my right pectoral muscle and pinched it, obviously showing her displeasure. I dont think we will 2 up much.

seems you are the first victim in the forum because of fz6.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
For anyone that doesnt take passengers, have you removed the passenger foot rests? I just did on mine and I think it cleans the look up nicely. Now to get the fender eliminator.....

Hapi

Reaction score
Visit site
For anyone that doesnt take passengers, have you removed the passenger foot rests? I just did on mine and I think it cleans the look up nicely. Now to get the fender eliminator.....

I doesn't take passenger to :thumbup:

and I have removed the passsanger foot rest, and it looks nice to me..
here is the pic..

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Hapi, hope you don't mind, but I posted your pic over at sportbikes.net, with credit of course. The forums there are where there idea for the footpegs got started (or at least where I head it first).

Linkage:
Passenger foot pegs assemblies - Removable? - Page 2 - Sportbikes.net

edit: Nifty! If I just post the URL here, the forum grabs the page title and rewrites the link automagicly!

delboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone change the pressure in their tyres when riding two up? It says on the swingarm to set the rear to 42 and front to 36psi if over 90kg,i think! Havn't gone 2-up yet but wife wants to soon! Funny, she'd no interest on my Transalp! :D

re-pete

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't mind carring a passanger, always female, never a male though.
My gal friend, who by the way is the best passenger i'ver ever had, she is little maybe 110lbs.So you don't even fell her on back. We did a 250km drive yesterday all along the coast, stopping every 30 or 40kms for refreshment, smokes etc. Didn't get sore until the end of the day we did the last 60km stretch without stopping over some rough roads, bike delt with it well, We didn't sore asses.