FZ6 Cup Panel Group Buy Interest?

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
I'm trying to gauge interest in the Racers Edge FZ6 Cup race plastics.

I think they're pretty awesome looking. Overall pieces are (price in USD)
Front Cowl-165.84
Screen-74.63
Ductail-207.3
Ductail Mount-82.92
Seat Pad-41.46

Shipping for a set is about 373usd, if you buy it solo.

From what I have gathered so far, it will require modifications to the fairing stay, although I have yet to hear exactly what that entails. You may need clip ons to clear at full lock, but you may not as well.

I've also inquired about the steering damper and whether the modified bracket can be purchased as well.

I'm waiting to hear back as to whether or not they would be interested in group pricing or not though. Hopefully they are.

I'ld like to get a feel for the interest level in these. Please let me know if you'ld be interested in purchasing these, so I can give an accurate idea of how large a group buy this can be, so that I can get an accurate price quote from racersedge

_A3Q8516.jpg

more photos
http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/fz6cup/?section=imageGallery&id=14&filename=_A3Q8528.jpg

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, i am in Australia, and have wanted to buy performance bits from an FZ6 cup bike, and have been told that we (the public) cant buy the parts that are sold to the FZ6 Cup racers in Australia. Well not GYTR stuff anyway

My Yamaha shop has tried to buy the GYTR exhaust pipe....NO.

But admit i have not tried for the body panels, as i am not interested, even if the exhaust, seat set up lools awesome, as doers the front fairing, which i think is pretty much an old FZ1 screen mold at least?

I would like the steering damper and mount they use on the FZ6 cup bikes.

Anyway, you can take this post as interest in the Steering Damper, and maybe reasets, but i think i have just sourced them through valtermoto, who are happy to sell them to me.

:thumbup:

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
Definitely no way I know of to get the GYTR pipe. I've asked, but nothing. Also, as for the damper, it's Ohlins, and the only way to get Ohlins stuff is to buy from a dealer. There is almost no markup, they won't do gb pricing, I tried! With the exchange rate as it sits, I'm gonna be picking up this set soon, I figure 650 shipped for race plastics isn't that bad.

The valtermoto set does look great on the bike. Much better deal I think, compared to the Rizoma $600 set.

As for dampers, the only options are going to the Ohlins or the Matris Me or M4R, either way you're stuck in the 600 dollar range. I'll be saving up for one of them this winter, as well as the Ohlin's shock and racetech springs/15wt oil/valve emulators

Man, i am in Australia, and have wanted to buy performance bits from an FZ6 cup bike, and have been told that we (the public) cant buy the parts that are sold to the FZ6 Cup racers in Australia. Well not GYTR stuff anyway

My Yamaha shop has tried to buy the GYTR exhaust pipe....NO.

But admit i have not tried for the body panels, as i am not interested, even if the exhaust, seat set up lools awesome, as doers the front fairing, which i think is pretty much an old FZ1 screen mold at least?

I would like the steering damper and mount they use on the FZ6 cup bikes.

Anyway, you can take this post as interest in the Steering Damper, and maybe reasets, but i think i have just sourced them through valtermoto, who are happy to sell them to me.

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm trying to gauge interest in the Racers Edge FZ6 Cup race plastics.

I think they're pretty awesome looking. Overall pieces are (price in USD)
Front Cowl-165.84
Screen-74.63
Ductail-207.3
Ductail Mount-82.92
Seat Pad-41.46

Shipping for a set is about 373usd, if you buy it solo.

From what I have gathered so far, it will require modifications to the fairing stay, although I have yet to hear exactly what that entails. You may need clip ons to clear at full lock, but you may not as well.

I've also inquired about the steering damper and whether the modified bracket can be purchased as well.

I'm waiting to hear back as to whether or not they would be interested in group pricing or not though. Hopefully they are.

I'ld like to get a feel for the interest level in these. Please let me know if you'ld be interested in purchasing these, so I can give an accurate idea of how large a group buy this can be, so that I can get an accurate price quote from racersedge

_A3Q8516.jpg

more photos
GYTR YAMAHA FZ6 Cup - Image Gallery

Man That looks sick!!!! I would love to have that tail end. But as for the front I am going with more of the street fighter look.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i also love this tail, but i think in austria it isn't allowed to drive this tail without a taillight :p

Hey Pepa, welcome! We're not going to let you off that easy, post up a photo or two of your bike and a little bit about you on the new member section. :welcome: Und Tschus!

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
anyone know if it is possible to add a taillight setup into the race style rear end? also the new seat looks wider, does anyone know how it rides?

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
the seat isn't a seat. It's one of those really thin grippy things for race bikes...have fun commuting on it LOL
I don't like the single pipe out the back...I like the twin pipes.
The rear sets look awesome!
How come the levers look stock?

just my 2c...i could go on but yea...it look sweet, but it wouldn't be practical on the street unless you took it to the track a lot. :)

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
yeap, would love that ohlin top mount steering damper to be on my fazer. anybody has done it & whats the price?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeap, would love that ohlin top mount steering damper to be on my fazer. anybody has done it & whats the price?

Not yet, but i am working on it...contacted Racer's Edge today...gonna see if i can sort this stuff, from the home of the FZ6 cup....Australia....stay tuned!