Frame sliders ordered

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I love the look of those, but 70 bucks. I am a hold out, I really hate the way they make the bike look, but would probably love them if and when I finally drop my bike. Those have to be the best looking I have seen so far though. Good going!

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
C

clockworkjon

Hey, those Evotechs don't look too bad. Might have to give them some thought. I'm a pretty new rider without my first stop-and-flop. I'm sure its only a matter of time though!

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not trying to put down the crash mushrooms that you bought but I found these the other day. If you look down the bottom of the page you have an option of two different types of mushrooms...circular and then aerodynamic shape...check out the images.

YAMAHA FZ6 & FAZER CRASH BOBBINS - 2004/5/6 & 2007 on eBay Yamaha, Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (item 160146978511 end time 23-Aug-07 11:27:42 BST)

I have these on my bike and can confirm they are a very well built and designed product ... EVOTECH are a very customer friendly company too :)

watermark.php

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Hay Jonac...thats a brillliant picture...much better than the one yer man on e-bay has to advertise them!!

I'm hoping to purchase the aerodynamic version as they are a solid construction (I think!!)

I haven't gotten my bike yet but I have bought it so I'd like to have these before I get on board this wild child!!

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hay Jonac...thats a brillliant picture...much better than the one yer man on e-bay has to advertise them!!

I'm hoping to purchase the aerodynamic version as they are a solid construction (I think!!)

I haven't gotten my bike yet but I have bought it so I'd like to have these before I get on board this wild child!!

I nearly bought the aerodynamic ones too but changed my mind at the last min ... post some pics mate when you get em on your new toy ;)

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I've ordered a set of the "Crash Bobbins" from Evotech-perfomance (URL and picture above) to replace the OEM Yamaha frame sliders that I installed on my 06 FZ6. Here's a pic of the Yamaha sliders...yes, I know they're silver and not black, but even if they were black they still look "awkward". I have some reservations about the dropped and offset bracket holding up in a hard landing:-

FZ6frameSliders.jpg

Erik

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, I got a quick question about this. I just got my FZ6 about 2 months ago and I love it. Its my first bike and was looking at getting a set of these to help protect it if I ever go down. But when I was looking at them I noticed that most of them appear to be using and Engine Mount Bolt to hold them on. I'm not 100% sure if thats what that bolt is actually there for. But if that is the case my question is if I were to go down hard on that bolt I'm really worried about hurting the engine, as I would much rather have body damage then bend the frame or hurt the engine.

Thanks ahead of time for the good information that will soon follow :D

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've ordered a set of the "Crash Bobbins" from Evotech-perfomance (URL and picture above) to replace the OEM Yamaha frame sliders that I installed on my 06 FZ6. Here's a pic of the Yamaha sliders...yes, I know they're silver and not black, but even if they were black they still look "awkward". I have some reservations about the dropped and offset bracket holding up in a hard landing:-

FZ6frameSliders.jpg

With an offset like that, there will actually be a bit of flex, might be better for the bike.
And Erik, don't worry about hurting the engine. The sliders will come with longer bolts to mount them, and yes they do replace the original engine bolts, but the force won't be great enough to hurt the engine. Unless you high-side the bike from QUITE a high altitude; and then not having frame sliders wouldn't help anyway. :eek: