Tally Ho! Another Brit

Funky Larma

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick message from a week long lurker, first time poster.

I'm 29 and hail from the flat bit of the UK that sticks out on the Eastern side; Suffolk to those in the know. I've always had a passion for two wheels and finally decided it was time to take the plunge and pass my motorbike test.
Three weeks ago on a sunny morning I received my test certificate and the door to the motorbike world opened.

To start with I had my eyes on a Kawasaki Z750, but after a good talking to by a biker friend and a test ride I put a deposit down on a 2007 Power Blue FX6 S2. To add to the mix I ordered the belly ban and matching fly screen.

Due to the UK's license plate and manufacturing deals I can not pick up the bike until the 3rd September; well the 1st but Monday is the first date I can get there. So far the last week has been going well, but on a visit to the dealer today I saw the finished bike with all the extras.
Now I'm just burning to get on the machine, the next few days are going to be such a drag! I will post some pictures once I get sorted.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick message from a week long lurker, first time poster.

I'm 29 and hail from the flat bit of the UK that sticks out on the Eastern side; Suffolk to those in the know. I've always had a passion for two wheels and finally decided it was time to take the plunge and pass my motorbike test.
Three weeks ago on a sunny morning I received my test certificate and the door to the motorbike world opened.

To start with I had my eyes on a Kawasaki Z750, but after a good talking to by a biker friend and a test ride I put a deposit down on a 2007 Power Blue FX6 S2. To add to the mix I ordered the belly ban and matching fly screen.

Due to the UK's license plate and manufacturing deals I can not pick up the bike until the 3rd September; well the 1st but Monday is the first date I can get there. So far the last week has been going well, but on a visit to the dealer today I saw the finished bike with all the extras.
Now I'm just burning to get on the machine, the next few days are going to be such a drag! I will post some pictures once I get sorted.
Good morning old boy, Topping day here down in Berkshire. Welcome aboard. I am considering a belly pan. Is it fully enclosed or is it open underneath?

hobbit

Short fat and hairy :))))
Reaction score
Visit site
for once a Manufacture has spent some money on the exhaust as these bikes have full stainless as standard according to the Head tech at the dealer ship and the best way to clean them is fine to medium wire wool and solvol and elbow grease, i thought there were chrome plated mild steel like most pipes but as they have turned chamagne gold through the heat it suggests they are stainless

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
for once a Manufacture has spent some money on the exhaust as these bikes have full stainless as standard according to the Head tech at the dealer ship and the best way to clean them is fine to medium wire wool and solvol and elbow grease, i thought there were chrome plated mild steel like most pipes but as they have turned chamagne gold through the heat it suggests they are stainless
Right, where do I get the tin of elbow grease from? LOL

Funky Larma

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the welcomes

@perryn: Yeah the stock Yamaha does not really cover the exhaust, I personally wanted it for a bit more of a feature than anything else.

I did see some super gunk advertised some where that takes stained pipes and makes them new again, but I think you will still need to find that elbow grease to activate the magic.

@pedwards89: There is the aluminimum range from Yamaha. But that does mean you will have to finish it yourself and being Yamaha parts it will cost a mortgage and half yet you still won't get the fixing bolts; they are a chargable extra.
Did think about the radiator cover/grills from the alu range, they look great but fear my Airfix paint skill's will not do them justice.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
@pedwards89: There is the aluminimum range from Yamaha. But that does mean you will have to finish it yourself and being Yamaha parts it will cost a mortgage and half yet you still won't get the fixing bolts; they are a chargable extra.
Did think about the radiator cover/grills from the alu range, they look great but fear my Airfix paint skill's will not do them justice.

I've seen the unfinished ones, Powerbronze I think. But Like you my painting talents are limited & I don't fancy trashing 150 quids worth of cowling with my childish daubings :)

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard matey ... Another Go Faster Blue owner :) :rockon:

I only passed my test in July and absolutley love my 2007 S2 !!! Just can't keep off it .... All your previous hobbies will seem so insignificant :thumbup:

Post all pics of your mods in future cos I'm mad for all that ... And having the same bike intrigues me even more...

watermark.php

P.S .... Fitting my new Leo Vince exhaust tomorrow so I'll post you some pics...

hobbit

Reaction score
Visit site
cool, showed the wife the different pipes arounf for the bike and she like the two bros pipe so time to start saving :)

Last edited:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
cool, showed the wife the different pipes arounf for the bike and she like the two bros pipe so time to start saving :)

They were my 1st choice mate but alas ... far toooo expensive !! :(

The Leos sound and look very nice and the price wasn't too bad ... aprox £320 off e-bay including p&p ... Thats for the full system with cat eliminator and DB killers (just incase they're too loud for the neighbours !)

They also have the conical ends like the two bro's which I find appealing :)

hobbit

Reaction score
Visit site
thats a good price but once she sees something its that or nothing - she does not ride but has a very good eye for things and she loves the carbon cans says will go great with the black, mind leo vince do a carbon version hmmmm have to find some pics :)

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
thats a good price but once she sees something its that or nothing - she does not ride but has a very good eye for things and she loves the carbon cans says will go great with the black, mind leo vince do a carbon version hmmmm have to find some pics :)

The Exhaust Thread - Page 25 - Sportbikes.net

Hope this link works :)

I have ordered the same carbon ones... looks lovely ;)

More pics on page 24 on that thread .... I think my only concern is the length, two Bro's are slightly shorter and def more pleasing to the eye but hey ho ... Leos still look awsome...

Plus I'm used to having the extra length :) ..... If only lol

p.s : the pics are down the page slightly on that link ... user "BRYMAN"s pictures

I'm considering maybe spraying the conical ends matt black on mine to take your eyes off the length.

Last edited: