cleaning black frame

hobbit

Short fat and hairy :))))
Reaction score
Visit site
was in the local dealer today picking my new jacket and the Head Honcho from the service area was out on the floor, and he asked how i was finding the new bike:eek:something i'm not used to owning a HD, he then gave me some awesome tips on cleaning the black motor and frame.
Its a product called Back to Black no not Back in Black as in ACDC but Back to Black, he said just make sure its the Silicon based one and not the petrol based one.
So i bought a can and WOW is not really doing it justice the frame and motor look better than the day i bought it, i sprayed everything the paint the frame the swing arm you name it i then went over the paint with Super Resin Polish and i dont want to ride it it looks so good.
pic with the HD which was cleaned the tradional way

W

wrightme43

Awesome. It is completly wrong that we cant have black ones here in the states. That is just a stunning bike.

hobbit

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks wrightme43 are you sure you dont get black harleys over there:p:p you are right though it is a little daft of Yamaha not to offer the black or the naked in the US as from what ive read on here it would sell by the boat load.

W

wrightme43

We have lifestyle accessories out the wazooo here. I bet it is cool to have one there though. I mean I go to the triumph website and just sit and drool over the Bonneville, the Scrambler, the Daytona, and the Tiger.

I will be having me a bonnie or scrambler though.
Triumph Motorcycles - Scrambler

hobbit

Reaction score
Visit site
good choice, the scambler is an incredible bike has just the right amount of go for the style and has the suspension and brakes of a modern bike to boot, reinact The Great Escape till your hearts content.I have been asked if its the new Street triple an couple of times due to the fairing and the belly pan

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
If I had been given the choice, I would have purchased a black FZ6 instead of a blue or red one. I have a blue.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Its a product called Back to Black no not Back in Black as in ACDC but Back to Black, he said just make sure its the Silicon based one and not the petrol based one.

I thought Back to Black was for car interiors, dashes & the like? In fact, I've got a tin in the garage for that purpose. But, hell if it works.

Do they do one called Back to Silver? See if you can guess what colour my frame is :)

hobbit

Reaction score
Visit site
thats the stuff if its petrol based dont put it anywhere near your bike the petrol will rot the rubber hoses, the silicon based one actually adds to the rubber keeping it supple stopping it cracking just keep it away from brakes and tyre treads.
your not far from me in Leamington i'm only in Solihull :)

Last edited: