New Bridgestone BT016

sconner

Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't see much information for these tires in my tire thread searches so I thought I'd post a bit about them.

The fronts are a two-compound tire and the rear is a triple compound tire.

According to Bridgestone they are between the BT002 and the BT021 as far as race vs performance. I ran my factory BT020's up to 6500 miles and was quite pleased so I was going to replace with the BT021 until I saw these. Just ordered a set BT016 delivered for $225. A little cheaper but a little more on the race side than the BT021's. Should be great for the track days.

Here's a good two-pager PDF flyer for them from Bridgestone:
http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/bt-016.pdf

sconner

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what kind of life do they expect out of them? comparable to the BT021? if the center compound is the same and the sides are just softer that would be awesome!!!

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Great price. I have seen these on quite a few sportbikes locally but nothing on an FZ6. Give us some feedback, I am considering these instead of Pilot Powers next time around.

sconner

Reaction score
Visit site
Arrived at the house last night. Hopefully I'll have them on for the weekend and for the St. Louis MCRA track day on the 12th!

sconner

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: New Bridgestone BT016 - PICS and Video!

Well, I finally got some good time on my BT016s. :rockon: I can't speak for the longevity of the tires yet. But they sure handle and stick better than my old BT020's. BT020's have the same compound as what is in the center of the BT021's, but the 21's offer a softer compound on the shoulders. The BT016's have tripple compound, but I haven't figured out where they rank as far as what the hardness of the rubber is. In looking at Bridgestone's linup, they look like they would probably be softer. And from my experience on the street and recently, the track, that holds true. They turn in much better (probably partly due to the flat spot on my old tires) and stick like glue. I haven't got to ride them in the rain yet so can't comment on wet weather.

Below are some pics from the track-day event at Gateway International Raceway in St. Louis held by MCRA Midwest Cafe Racers Association. Great group of guys and really got me roped into this racing stuff. I had about 20 miles on the tires before the track day, and the pics below were after 4 15-20min sessions. 2 sessions in the "Test The Track" class = slow. And 2 sessions in the Novice class = More my speed...slightly above slow ;). They look absolutely shredded, but most of what you see is rubber picked up off the track. The tires get so hot on the track other tire shreds on the track just get picked up on the tire.

Now I'm not a pro, I'm not an expert...my pace isn't near what most the guys out there is but I can tell you I came away very pleased with the performance of the tires. The guys at the track said they have seen a lot of experts even running these tires on the track. I ran about 30psi in both the front and the rear on the track. On the street I run more like 38 front and rear.

As an added bonus, a buddy recorded some video and pics and put together a video for me. He was following me on his GSXR for a lap. I'm the blue FZ6 in front of him.

sconner-albums-10-12-2008-gir-track-day-picture1526-mcra-101208-img-2009.jpg

sconner-albums-10-12-2008-gir-track-day-picture1525-mcra-101208-img-2008.jpg

sconner-albums-10-12-2008-gir-track-day-picture1524-mcra-101208-img-2007.jpg

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGNAl9Ccn5A[/nomedia]

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Re: New Bridgestone BT016 - PICS and Video!

dang man, you got some good lean angles...get that butt off the bike and you can drop it like it's hot lol (I haven't been on a track yet, but it def helps on the street)

sconner

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, It feels like I'm really hangin' it out there, then I see pics and video and realize....I need to hang it out more!!! I'm learning, that's for sure.

Scab

Nobody special
Reaction score
Visit site
That's why I like these tires. They make me feel like I'm actually riding well.:D

I'm not, but for a moment I feel like a legend...in my own mind.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
From all the online forum reviews I've read this is the best allround tire out there. Beats the Corsa III and PP 2CT and this is from people who used all 3.