wd thank you

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
To all of you that in the past have posted (use wd) for chain cleaning (use wd) for swing arm cleaning, Thankyou, i must admit i have never listened to you all till tonight, just cleaned the chain and swing arms with wd and it worked a treat. Better than any degreaser i have used or any solvent, so once again thankyou.:thumbup::thumbup:

I

inkrediboy

To all of you that in the past have posted (use wd) for chain cleaning (use wd) for swing arm cleaning, Thankyou, i must admit i have never listened to you all till tonight, just cleaned the chain and swing arms with wd and it worked a treat. Better than any degreaser i have used or any solvent, so once again thankyou.:thumbup::thumbup:

I got to admit, I use degreaser cleaner and wax chain lube, and have had no problems with it, I've heard a lot of people use WD-40 for this purpose, maybe I need to start saving money and use that instead. The degreaser on my painted swingarm does freak me out - that's some strong stuff. No problems though....

What are you using for lubrication outside of the cleaning part? The WD40 alone?

hardcore84

Reaction score
Visit site
i missed the thread about using wd-40 to clean you chain, but i have always been advised against this because wd promotes dry rot of the rubber o-rings in the chain and therefore shortens the life of chain itself...have i been misled?