Help! Battery Advice

motoholic

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

My battery went dead this weekend (I accidentally left the key in the ON position...) Brought it to the dealer who will be trying to charge it over night, but they said after 6hrs, the battery only had 8v.

So I can either buy a battery from the dealer and pay to have it charged and installed, plus the charge for the first charge attempt ($150-$200 total). OR, I can buy a new battery and have it shipped ($70) but I would have to wait for it, then charge it, then install it. PLUS, the bike is the only way I can get around so I would have to bum rides.

Would anyone care to weigh in on what YOU would do? And, if so, what battery brand would you buy? PowerMax is the cheapest, but is it worth it?

Thanks in advance

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would just buy a new battery and install it myself. I would bum a ride to go get it. Not hard to replace. As for the brand, couldn't tell you if one brand is better or not.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if you have them in your area, but it may be worth it to stop at a Batteries Plus store. They may carry moto batteries and have some good information about brands.

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
If you have a battery maintainer I would try to use it first sometimes they wil rejuvinate the battery. If not get a new battery and $100 to $200 for a attempt to charge a battery should be a felony that is highway robbery.