0% 42month finance... but whats this?

Gopher

Potential Fireball
Reaction score
www.jamerspad.com
So, If you didnt already know, Yamaha have apparently just extended their 42 month 0% finance offer to the end of March 09 (I think)...

BUT... the big issue is they've wont have any more Fazer's until next year cos they've totally sold out...as the dealers have all snapped them up as they can keep the bikes for upto a year without paying for them! (as long as they're not used that is)

Big dilema for me! My dealer sold the fazer I was having to some tw*t who offered to pay for the bike outright... in cash! Who the hell carries 5600 quid around in their back pocket?!?!?!

So, now my options are... wait until my dealer can get a another new fazer in, or go for the CBF600S... :confused:

Although I like the CBF (both bikes would serve my purpose perfectly)... there is one major downside i found when riding it yesterday.... once the seat is nicely bedded in, its turns a nice shiney black... and seemed impossible to stop sliding around without gripping the tank with my knees!... oh, and the gearbox feels very clunky....

Last edited:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, If you didnt already know, Yamaha have apparently just extended their 42 month 0% finance offer to the end of March 09 (I think)...

BUT... the big issue is they've wont have any more Fazer's until next year cos they've totally sold out...as the dealers have all snapped them up as they can keep the bikes for upto a year without paying for them! (as long as they're not used that is)

Big dilema for me! My dealer sold the fazer I was having to some tw*t who offered to pay for the bike outright... in cash! Who the hell carries 5600 quid around in their back pocket?!?!?!

So, now my options are... wait until my dealer can get a another new fazer in, or go for the CBF600S... :confused:

Although I like the CBF (both bikes would serve my purpose perfectly)... there is one major downside i found when riding it yesterday.... once the seat is nicely bedded in, its turns a nice shiney black... and seemed impossible to stop sliding around without gripping the tank with my knees!... oh, and the gearbox feels very clunky....

I had the previous CBF600 and wanted the new Hornet which the new CBF is based on but opted for the FZ6 which is in S2 guise is a match for the Hornet.

But I assume you want a faring so it is not much help. What about a Bandit. :eek:

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
Well as luck would have it I had cash when I went to buy mine in April. The dealership wasn't interested in cash at all and knocked £500 off the price if I took the 30 months interest free credit. Also gave me £900 off for my SV650 which I only paid £450 for :) Strange but true.

Saved my buying a Bandit :rockon:

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Gopher:

How far is it to the next dealer? Here in the states I have 4 dealers within 30 miles (don't know what that is in km)?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I would suggest that that dealer is now your EX - Dealer, what a tosser.
He has just blown it in my book.

NELLY

Gopher

Potential Fireball
Reaction score
www.jamerspad.com
Update....

@ Nelly... I just like the guy too much, and the family itself is brutally honest when it comes to bikes, I trust them too much to go to other dealers (Ive met a few of them... shifty eyed buggers... seem too eager to just push the sale through, and their advice sucked!).... strange relationship I know...I like the no B.S. approach.

@Grommit... I'm actually learning on the Hornet, its a great bike! Much easier to ride at low speed than the CBF-S. Bandit? Was looking at one of those the other day, but given Suzuki have rubbish deals when it comes to finance, and that shocking 30Kg extra (222Kg)... and the old frame design... dont think I'll go for that. Theres just nothing special about them. Looked at the V-Strom tho, like the look of that a lot, but again, Suzuki's finance sucks! Who the hell wants riderplan???

Besides, dont forget, I've still to pass my test yet. I had a ride today, and afterwards, my instructor said he is very confident that I'll pass first time, and asked about when I'd like to take my test. He's sorting my test out for me (cuz I'm lazy...lol), and the date should hopefully be the 20th/21st Oct (but this may change again after the recent balls up by the DSA). So It gives me another couple of weeks to decide which bike to get.

But they are gonna contact a load of dealers and see if they cant get the fazer in for me....

On another note tho... I saw a lovely Triumph Sprint ST (Blue, with the full luggage) for 3500...a colleague at work keeps telling me to get that, I think he want a go! ;-)

there are just too many bikes to choose from!

motodude

Reaction score
Visit site
:eek: my first post here ....
I had the same problem finding a bike. All local dealers within a reasonable distance were out of all 07 & 08's. I found another WI dealer with two new 07's left and I just grabbed the Blue one. I like the blue 07 anyway.
I believe the red one is now on Ebay under "fz 6".
I take delivery of mine tomorrow.

Oh, and I paid cash :D

Gopher

Potential Fireball
Reaction score
www.jamerspad.com
Congrats on ur purchase...

The fazer I was having was the black (more evil looking) '08 (i think...maybe '07) Just before they told me it had gone, a guy actually pulled up at the showroom with exactly the same bike and set-up as I was planning! Even had the same givi box on the back and replacement Puig shield on the front as I had priced up for when i took possession the bike... quite glad I didnt buy the add-ons last week now! lol He was saying how he'd bought it a few month ago after buying the 1000... said the 600 was a vastly superior bike!!!

Still no joy finding another bike tho...although one dealer said (to my dealer), that they had one... but would charge a fee for effectively selling the bike to them! What a twerp! I'm confident tho.