analog/digital

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I know on the older fz6's. they have a digital tach. I have an 07 and I really like the analog tach, those of you who have digital, do you like them?

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
I know on the older fz6's. they have a digital tach. I have an 07 and I really like the analog tach, those of you who have digital, do you like them?

I intentionally bought the 07, because I didn't like the gauges on the 06... My dealer had an 06 on the floor, but I waited for a created 07. The 06 the dealer had outside, that I sat on, seemed like the digital tach would be hard to read in the bright sun... I was also interested in the other refinements on the 07.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
any recall stuff?

I was reading that an overactive throttle/hard starts were caused by a bad TPI switch? Should i call into the dealer and ask for the change or are 07's affected by it?
My bike sometimes wont start for a minute, then it starts right up, and I do notice that if you dont maintain steady control of the throttle, it will rev up hard on you.

roger01

Reaction score
Visit site

The digital tach band around the unit is pretty much worthless on my '06. However, engine rpm can be displayed in numbers, as a choice in the trip mileage area, directly under the speed. I use that and like it fine. In one quick glance I get both numbers instantly. I like that method better than the various analog tachs I've had before.

Last edited:
S

sportrider

I have no problem reading my tach. the only time its hard to see is if the sun is directly glaring on the gauge pod

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got an '06. I'm not a fan of the tach. Would much rather have an analogue unit.

Great tip on the ability to see the figure numerically. I've got to find that. I need to check and possibly adjust my idle speed. As it sits right now, the "tach" bar sits at the 2k mark. But I'm left wondering, is it just rounding up because it doesn't have a lower, finer value on the graph?

IPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the analog tach in my 08. I have no problems reading it and I think is pretty sweeeeet!!!

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
The digital tach band around the unit is pretty much worthless on my '06. However, engine rpm can be displayed in numbers, as a choice in the trip mileage area, directly under the speed. I use that and like it fine. In one quick glance I get both numbers instantly. I like that method better than the various analog tachs I've had before.

I can tell which gear I'm in by comparing the speedometer to the tach numbers. I drive around in tach mode. I use the bar scale around the outside only when I'm revving high and don't care about how fast I'm going.

At first I thought both the digital tach and the digital speed display would be hard to use but I've adapted to them just fine. If a cop pulls me over I can tell him I was going exactly 65mph.

colobb

Reaction score
Visit site

Like others, I use the option of having a numerical display shown instead of my odometer/trip meter. Technically, the bar graph isn't digital, the numerical display is however digital. Numbers - digits. Actually, the numerical display would be an electronic digital tach, same with the speedo, its electronic digital. The old style odometers where they have numbers 'turning', would be digital, but not electronic. Make sense?:confused:?

:thumbup:

luk2004

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never had a problem seeing the digital tach in bright sunlight. I would rather have an analog tach though but oh well. Still enjoy the bike.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't like digital displays for speed or tach. Harder for me to quickly get the information looking a number than looking at the position of a dial. I never care exactly what speed or rpm that the digital display gives you anyway. It reminds me of big ugly luxury cars of the 70s, where digital displays were wowee-zowee, so those boats had all their displays digital.

towa

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the digital display, no problems reading it in the sun - maybe the sun newer shines in Denmark :confused:

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
On my 05 the digital tach is BRILLIANT.

For everyday i leave it on giving the digital readout, under the speed, and when i start revving and need to concentrate, the ring tacho is all i need.
I'm surprised at how unpopular it is, i wish more displays had that round / complete look.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't really understand why everyone LOVES their analog tachs so much. The digital tach will tell you where you are based on position just as well. More black = higher rpms

Honestly when I started riding I looked at the tach but I rarely do now, except when I turn the key... I love it when the fan kicks on and the tach and the spedo test. I dunno it just sounds like the bike is getting ready to take off and when it hits 199 then I know its ready.

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
I would rather have the analog tach next to the digital cluster like the 06 r6 even had...I wonder why they could not at least give us 06 guys the same cluster. Oh well...it isnt bad and I only use the tach band on the side and have no problem with it. After all my miles, I'm usually less than 1k off by sound shifting.

swerve9031

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with others, I have the digital Tach which is just about useless... There are occasions when it's difficult to read anyway, bright sunshine etc. ( not that we've had much of that in the UK this yea).

I prefer to look where I'm going and judge speed/revs by the engine note. I only check the speedo when I'm in a speed limit!