Rear tire

W

wrightme43

Put bike on centerstand.
Remove and hang by wire, string or bungie the brake caliper (dont have to but it makes putting it back on easier.)
Loosen axle bolt
Loosen axle adjusters
Slide axle forward
Slip chain off sproket
Remove axle bolt.
Wha-la.

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
thanks man didnt know if there was any trick to it on these bikes because the shop that is going to mount and balance my tires wants $100 dollars if they have to take them off, and $15 dollars if I take them off the bike and bring the wheels into them off the bike.

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks man didnt know if there was any trick to it on these bikes because the shop that is going to mount and balance my tires wants $100 dollars if they have to take them off, and $15 dollars if I take them off the bike and bring the wheels into them off the bike.

what? thats pretty ghey

here in aus the tyre shops for the cost of the tyre
will mount and balance the tyre regardless of if you bring the rim or bike in
well the 1 i go to does:)

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
It's slightly faster if you don't touch the axle adjusters at all. Just loosen and slide the axle out and you're pretty much done....you don't even have to unbolt the brake caliper. I've done this too many times as I use to have a second set of wheels.

kreed0501

Reaction score
Visit site
This is my 2nd post to the FZ6 forum, with the first one being my entry into the Hall of Shame with my 0mph drop. This is my second entry. In trying to save some money on a tire repair, 4 weeks ago I removed the rear tire with no problems at all, knowing for sure that I would remember how all the spacers and nuts go back on. Nope, didn't even think to take a picture or two. Unfortunately, I've slept too many times now that I'm ready to put it back on. I've not been able to find a service manual online for my '08 that shows where the pictured washer (I'm assuming right next to the nut) and the spacer goes (between the axle and swing arm on the brake caliper side maybe?). Any helpful words (or pics or diagrams) from you pros would be mu:eek:ch appreciated!