How in the world did this get thru?

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
We sleepwalked into it in the name of "being safe from terrorism". It's been around for a while now and I thought everyone knew - obviously not.

W

wrightme43

Revealed: UK’s first official sharia courts - Times Online

How about this one?

I keep expecting the English to hang a bunch of politicians, tar and feather some more, and ship the rest to Zimbagwe or something.

You guys rock, some of the baddest people on the planet.

EDIT ^^^^ this in not meant as snarky or rude. I really like the people from Great Britain. I enjoyed the hell out of the time I got to spend in England and Scotland. Just damn good people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We sure are moving towards the society that was depicted in the movie "Minority Report" at an alarming rate.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it is crazy the time money and effort that they put into things like this when there are so many other unsolved problems in thew world.

Gopher

Potential Fireball
Reaction score
www.jamerspad.com
Or Big Brother in Orwell's 1984. Getting to be kind of scary to do anything these days.

I was just thinking exactly that! Seems the yookay is becomeing more like an Orwellian nightmare by the week!!

All these new camera's may explain this though...

Traffic England

Have a play.... makes you wonder how they calculate the average speeds without actually tagging every vehicle as it passes a camera (even when they aren't speeding!)

That sites usefull mind you... but still gotta be an invasion of our privacy!

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
The excuse the politicians use, as always, is "if you have done nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear". That's all the justification they use to get the sheep to follow and they do. Apathy and blind indifference are the name of the game in the UK when it comes to standing up for what's right.

:spank:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not worried about the cameras themselves, it is how they use that data in the future which is not controlled. The fact you visit your mum every Sunday maybe used as evidence that you have been casing out the house across the road or worse. Data security is an issue also; somebody who gets the info that you visit your mum every Sunday may raid your house while your out.

:rant:

As for speed bumps....

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not worried about the cameras themselves, it is how they use that data in the future which is not controlled. The fact you visit your mum every Sunday maybe used as evidence that you have been casing out the house across the road or worse. Data security is an issue also; somebody who gets the info that you visit your mum every Sunday may raid your house while your out.

:rant:

As for speed bumps....

I'm with you there mate especially the amount of laptops and datasticks they lose, not to mention leaving their shooters in starbucks.

BBC NEWS | England | Bristol | Police data 'secure' after theft

and

BBC NEWS | England | London | Loaded police gun found in cafe

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
Or, since all emails are also kept for LEA's in the UK - by UK ISP's, when you get your Paypal password reset and 3 months later you find that your account has been emptied by someone logging in as you.

It's misuse of information that is the biggest problem. Question really is if they can lose inland revenue information containing bank accounts, lose driving license information, what can you trust them with?