Need help on deciding which headlight to go with...

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I've decided that my winter project will be converting my bike into a streetfighter. I have an 04 Silver/Black FZ6:
nlheikki-albums-2004-yamaha-fz6-picture129-bike-front-w-puig.jpg

Which type/style do you guys think looks/functions the best. I'm leaning towards the dual setup below, but any opinions would be appreciated thanks.
nlheikki-albums-2004-yamaha-fz6-picture1272-dualheadlights.jpg

nlheikki-albums-2004-yamaha-fz6-picture1273-wm43.jpg

Thanks,
Nick

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I've decided that my winter project will be converting my bike into a streetfighter. I have an 04 Silver/Black FZ6:
nlheikki-albums-2004-yamaha-fz6-picture129-bike-front-w-puig.jpg

Which type/style do you guys think looks/functions the best. I'm leaning towards the dual setup below, but any opinions would be appreciated thanks.
nlheikki-albums-2004-yamaha-fz6-picture1272-dualheadlights.jpg

nlheikki-albums-2004-yamaha-fz6-picture1273-wm43.jpg

Thanks,
Nick

Thats the set up i was originally thinking about, until i saw all the mini fairings on the market then that got me thinking and searching which one would look good and still give me excellent light output, thats when i came across the one i have now and am i glad i chose it, the lights kick arse! GOOD LUCK your gonna need it in choosing which set up to go with!

Last edited:

RedX7

Invincible, almost
Reaction score
Visit site
In my opinion, the dual setup reminds me of British bikes. Where the mini fairing reminds me more of customs. Either way, you're going naked with an FZ6. Thus, there is no wrong answer. Good luck and keep us posted.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure about the cost, but you could try to find an Aprilla Shiver 750 headlight, I saw one over the weekend and it is a dead sexy bike, and if i ever do the naked conversion i would take the light from one of these:

111506_aprilia_shiver.jpg

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Dodge makes a nice dual headlight setup! Some assembly required.

attachment.php

Seriously, the duals in your pictures look good. I would suggest adding a flyscreen above them to cover up the back of the instrument panel and wiring. It'll give the bike a more finished look.

Fred

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Dodge makes a nice dual headlight setup! Some assembly required.

attachment.php

Seriously, the duals in your pictures look good. I would suggest adding a flyscreen above them to cover up the back of the instrument panel and wiring. It'll give the bike a more finished look.

Fred

HOLY HEADLIGHTS BATMAN!:rockon:

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure about the cost, but you could try to find an Aprilla Shiver 750 headlight, I saw one over the weekend and it is a dead sexy bike, and if i ever do the naked conversion i would take the light from one of these:

111506_aprilia_shiver.jpg

That is one sexy set up if i dont say so myself!:D

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all of the posts guys. I will keep you all informed on which one I decide to go with.

-Nick-

W

wrightme43

Yes the insturment panel mount is temporary untill I can afford to order the mount from the UK and the plastic cover that goes on the back of it. It will move it down from where its at to just over the head lamps and then a windshield will be installed. I just dont have the money to do it all right now. Its functional now and lets me ride the bike.
The headlighs are awesome though.
Speed/street triple style.

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, those are both really nice. I will look into those.

I did have one question for anybody out there.....Where can I find the 7/8" bar clamps for gauge/speedo mount?

Thanks,
Nick

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure if someone were to want the Shiver's headlight set up they could probably go into their local Aprilia dealer and ask them about replacement parts for the shiver (obviously I'm speaking of the headlight set up)

Burlington Yamaha | FZ1N Headlight Kit

Personally I like the FZ1N Headlight conversion, the dual head lights don't really do anything for me on the FZ6. But hey if it looks good to you then f**k what other people have to say right? :rockon:

just make sure to post up some pics when you decide on one

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
lol, I see wavex is trying to show off his bike agian :rolleyes: lol

Don't let that beast eat me :scared:

btw where did you get that headlight set up wavex?

Last edited:

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the FZ1 headlight kit from Burlington and LOVE it! I wanna know where Wavex got those little covers on his frame where the fairing used to be connected. That's the only thing I need to finish my bike off aesthetically.

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
I got the FZ1 headlight kit from Burlington and LOVE it! I wanna know where Wavex got those little covers on his frame where the fairing used to be connected. That's the only thing I need to finish my bike off aesthetically.

you mean his headlight? or the radiator cover?