Fz6Steph Interview

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Somebody who likes Diet Pepsi ;)...Fz6Steph

What do you do for a living?
Hockey Mom Extraordinaire! Stay at home mom, for now, as soon as the riding season ends the job hunt starts.

How long have you owned your FZ6?
March 2006

What other modes of transport do you have?
2005 Chev Colorado, 2000 Suzuki Vitara and when I feel adventurous I borrow Hubby's 1997 VMax.

If you could have any bike what would it be?
Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak for cruising and 2008 Ninja ZX14 in the red and black for twisties.

What are your hobbies apart from the bike?
I make stained glass windows and sun catchers, play the alto sax and my guilty pleasure? Rockband on the PS3

What is the best place you have visited on your travels and why?
I've travelled many places in Canada and the States, but my favourite place was on a ride this year, I was finally comfy and confident on my bike. We rode to Parry Sound from Brockville Ontario. It took us 10.5 hours but the scenery around Loon Lake and Haliburton was phenomenal. If you ever get the chance to ride Hwy 118 in Ontario, DO IT!

Describe yourself in three words?
Charming, Goofy, Patient

If you could redesign any household (including garage) appliance what would it be and why?
Dryer, it should fold all the clothes and put them away. My family says I have a walk-in laundry basket instead of a walk in closet.

Which invention in history would you most like to have come up with?
Insulin - I am Type 1 Diabetic. Without it my life would be miserable.

If you ruled the world, what is the first thing you would outlaw?
Stupidity, think about how nice life would be without stupid people?!?!?

If you were forced to entertain us all at the Forum Christmas party - what would your talent be?
Could probably be convinced to pull out my sax and play some blues or jazz

Snow or beach?
Beach!

Windows or Mac?
Windows

F1 or MotoGP?
MotoGP

Which track or album rocks your boat?
Going back a ways, but The Cranberries, No Need to Argue.

What is your favourite film?
The Mummy and The Mummy Returns (I'm a sucker for Brendan Fraser) and Shhhhh The Big Lebowski

Meat or Veg? Meat

What is your favourite beverage?
Sex on the Beach, Deinhard Green Label Riesling for alcoholic drinks And for everyday drink do NOT get between me and my Diet Pepsi.

And finally, your number one rule in life?
Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it.
Lord Acton

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one Steph,

Why don't you just opt for inventing the pancreas that works lol.

Good luck

Nelly

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice interview:thumbup:

I like the fact that you also ride the v-max!:rockon:

My wife got her bike license last year and she currently rides a Suzuki Savage 650....she is too short for my FZ. I would love to get her to try a Ninja 500 or maybe kawi 650R parallel twin....

Anyway I digress...Thanks for sharing, I like to see women enjoying the sport of cycling!;)

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one Steph,

Why don't you just opt for inventing the pancreas that works lol.

Good luck

Nelly

:rof: you make a good point.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice interview:thumbup:

I like the fact that you also ride the v-max!:rockon:

I have to admit, its a VERY different riding experience. Everything on that bike is so...easy. Shifting, braking, seating position, foot pegs.... If it didn't look like such an old man bike,(cruiser) I might go for it. The looks just don't "do it" for me.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanx Steph! The Sax is my most FAVORITE instrument in the world! One day, I intend to learn it!

Sorry about the diabetes. My wife is type II. It's a hard disease to live with. Take care!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yay, another sax player on this forum! And a soccer mom/future VP to boot! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just one point: if you're going to outlaw stupid people (a noble goal) I hope you have A LOT of money for new, large prisons! ;) ;) ;)

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Fz6Steph... I also am a type 1 diabetic. 3 cheers for insulin (yay Canada for inventing it), but lets get some stem cell transplants working....
Jason
:rof:Or I could always quit being a chicken and go get my insulin pump out from under my nightstand where it has been for over a year and get it "installed" lol

For some reason that thing scares the crap outta me...the needle that goes into your side to stay EEEK!!!! Its freakin huge! My family is on my case..."what does it matter? you already take 5 needles a day." But its the known quantity versus the unknown. Logically I realize 1 needle every 3 days is better than 15 in 3 days....but I KNOW what those 15 are like and I KNOW they don't hurt.

hoser183

Member Minimus
Reaction score
www.reflectiveessence.com
:rof:Or I could always quit being a chicken and go get my insulin pump out from under my nightstand where it has been for over a year and get it \"installed\" lol

For some reason that thing scares the crap outta me...the needle that goes into your side to stay EEEK!!!! Its freakin huge! My family is on my case...\"what does it matter? you already take 5 needles a day.\" But its the known quantity versus the unknown. Logically I realize 1 needle every 3 days is better than 15 in 3 days....but I KNOW what those 15 are like and I KNOW they don't hurt.

Hey Steph, I have been on an insulin pump for 4 years now and i would never go back to my pen needle. Mostly because of flexibility. I no longer have to worry about eating at certain times of the day. I love it. If you ever want to talk about that outside of this thread, send me a message. I'd be happy to let you know my experiences in more detail.
Jason

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Steph, I have been on an insulin pump for 4 years now and i would never go back to my pen needle. Mostly because of flexibility. I no longer have to worry about eating at certain times of the day. I love it. If you ever want to talk about that outside of this thread, send me a message. I'd be happy to let you know my experiences in more detail.
Jason

I would LOVE to pick your brain, I don't know anyone with one to ask questions about it...Moving over to private messaging.....