New Chain Cleaning System

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
By cleaning your own chain you get to know that end of the bike better. You can see what needs cleaning and what needs attention. Cleaning a chain is easy if you keep on top of it.

This is something that won`t be on my Xmas list, this and a Scott oiler.

Steve

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks handy. Something else to consider, a piece of cardboard and an old rag. Just slip the cardboard between the tire and chain and put the rag on the ground. Works great for almost free.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Too easy guys.... just use an old baking pan (cake pan or cookie sheet works well too) and slide it under the chain and rear wheel. Catches all the gunk! Just ask the wife before you steal her good baking pans!! :eek: Prob find some used ones for $0.50 at the local thrift store too!

Last edited:
A

Aggietaco

Neat idea, but as it's been said. Cardboard, some tape, and yesterday's news will get you the same thing.

W

wrightme43

I like it. You all know what the little black flexible thing is?

Its a water flow director invented for reef aquariums. LOL I know I have two are three of them just sitting in totes in the garage somewhere.

Hell of a idea, I hope they make good money and do well.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I am using their soy cleaner and it works well on cleaning. It also works well on my grill and oven. I just put a piece of cardboard on the floor and nothing soaked through it.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Did anyone else find it odd that with this advanced, and presumably expensive, chain cleaning system, you still have to put down newspaper on the ground?

It's a neat gadget, but I don't see the point of it.