Can anyone with an 07+...

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
...tell me whether or not there should be screws in holes on the inside of the dash cowling towards the top of the windscreen (see pic below)? Since there weren't any screws in there when I bought the bike I figured they were drain holes or something but since removing and reinstalling my windscreen for painting that part seems to be rattling at around 2k and its annoying. The fiche doesn't show anything going in there but I just wanted to make sure, thanks in advance for any suggestions.

cowlthing.jpg

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, there should be a screw there. I have an 07. If you were to take the dash cowling off, you can see the receptor nut. In fact, that picture you included shows it too, but it's really only recognizable as such if you've actually taken the cowling out yourself and seen it in the flesh. I think that several of the other bolts that hold the dash cowling on are the same as the bolt that goes in that hole. You could try removing a couple of other bolts (about 0.5" diameter, rounded/spherical hed, hex wrench keyed) on the cowling and see if they fit there. That would tell you what type of replacement bolt to buy.

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Ugh...I should have known, for a second I thought I had found a good pay-attention-to-details dealer...next I would start leaving out milk and cookies for Santa again.. I'll take your advice and see if any of the other fairing screws fit in there and then go to Ace and harass some kid into fetching me a match. Thanks a bunch fellas! :rockon:

W

wrightme43

I have the screws from my naked conversion.

1.50 paypal will cover envelope, paypal fee, and postage. If your interested.

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds great, thanks!

I'm not totally sure, but I don't think they have postcards here. Would be a waste of paper since we haven't had a tourist here since Lewis and Clark:D If they do make them they'd probably either be of corn or the Huskers....or meth....or a Huskers player eating corn while cooking meth. I'd buy that. PM sent, thanks again!