SIDI On Road boots

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered a pair of SIDI On Road boots from newenough.com Pricey ($325) but rave reviews. Supposedly 100% waterproof (tops in a test a couple of years ago - you can spray them with a pressure washer or immerse them up to the top in a tub and they won't leak after hours/days of exposure).

I'm buying them mostly for touring and for local rides in cold/wet weather. I have pretty good gear now except for the short HD boots I own, which expose my ankles while riding and leak in poor weather.

I'll post a review when I get them.

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick update.... Just got my On Roads an hour ago.

They feel AWESOME! Very well armored and surprisingly comfortable. They fit to the exact size specified on the conversion chart. They are on the narrow side though, so if you have really wide feet you might want to look elsewhere. The style is quite basic - just lots of good looking leather and a row of buckles on the outside. The leather is REALLY thick, but I don't think these will be as tough to break in as my last pair of hiking boots. The seem to conform to my leg and bend in the right places.

Pics here...

Sidi On Road Gore-Tex Motorcycle Boots :: New Enough, LTD

Can't say enough good things about newenough.com I ordered them late at night and they shipped first thing the next morning (shipping was $1 after their discount). They came via FedEx Home, so I didn't have to wait until Monday to get 'em. I've bought tons of stuff from newenough and they're always helpful and know their products.

It's raining hard outside, so it would be a perfect day to test these things except that I'm currently watching five kids.....I guess I'll just wear them around the house and feel invulnerable.

Maybe tomorrow.....Forecast is for more rain :rockon:

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode a few hundred miles in the past couple of days to try out the new boots. All in the name of scientific testing of course :thumbup:

SIDI On Roads are FANTASTIC! Very comfortable. Good feel on the shifter and brake. They vibrate a bit more than my old HD boots, but not much. I broke them in at work (I teach so I'm moving around a lot) and it didn't take long. Considering how much armor they have, I was surprised at how comfortable they were after a 12-hour day.

This morning I took the back roads for a few hours to really test them out. It was cold (low 40s F at sunrise), but my feet stayed warm. I even did a few water crossings (!) as we had 10+ inches of rain last weekend and the roads are flooded badly in places. I think it's safe to say that these boots are waterproof (they were sprayed several times and immersed once). I wish I had brought my camera....