Soldier down

OkieDavid

Reaction score
Visit site
I get these at work anytime we lose a soldier in a vehicle accident. Some are POV (privately owned vehicle), POM (privately owned motorcycle) and others. All are sad.

A 902nd Military Intelligence Group, Fort Meade, Maryland Soldier was killed in a motorcycle accident on 5 September 2008 at approximately 0011 local near Baltimore, Maryland. The 41-year-old SFC was riding a 2007 Yamaha motorcycle when a 1999 Honda Prelude traveling in the opposite direction and swerving out of control, hit the motorcycle pinning the SFC against a guardrail. The Soldier was evacuated to a local medical center where he later died. He had completed the Army-approved Motorcycle Safety Foundation Course and was wearing all required PPE. The Soldier had not been deployed

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I get these at work anytime we lose a soldier in a vehicle accident. Some are POV (privately owned vehicle), POM (privately owned motorcycle) and others. All are sad.

A 902nd Military Intelligence Group, Fort Meade, Maryland Soldier was killed in a motorcycle accident on 5 September 2008 at approximately 0011 local near Baltimore, Maryland. The 41-year-old SFC was riding a 2007 Yamaha motorcycle when a 1999 Honda Prelude traveling in the opposite direction and swerving out of control, hit the motorcycle pinning the SFC against a guardrail. The Soldier was evacuated to a local medical center where he later died. He had completed the Army-approved Motorcycle Safety Foundation Course and was wearing all required PPE. The Soldier had not been deployed
Sad, sounds like he could do sweet FA about it. I hope the driver was not a drunk as that just makes it worse. RIP.

Nelly

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
Kills me to read these.....here's a man who offered up his life in service to his country, only to be torn from us before his time. Truely tragic, and also reminds me to be thankful every day for our men and women in arms around the world doing the things the rest of us couldn't so that we may live our lives to the fullest.

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
I used to work at the place that pushed these reports out (U.S. Combat Readiness/Safety Center). They're called Preliminary Loss Reports. I'll tell you, the suckiest part of my job was having to post these to the Web site when new ones came out. It's always difficult to lose a Soldier. It's sucks substantially more when we lose a Soldier due to someone else's mistake as it appears to have happened in the above report. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

X