Front fairing screw?

Thorpiticus

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this is a topic that has been covered extensively here, but I'd like to make sure I'm ordering the right thing before I waste my hard-earned $1.15. Anyway, the goober that had my bike before me replaced the silver hex head screws pictured here on either side of the gauge:

http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/2006/images/FZ6gauges.jpg

Needless to say, he put some crappy phillips head screw in. I'd like to get those back to stock (because I'm weird). Looking at the diagram below, I'm going with #22, but what do you guys think? Anybody ordered this part before?

Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop Motorcycle Yamaha 2006 FZS6V FZ6 COWLING 1

I appreciate any input! -John

Thorpiticus

Reaction score
Visit site
Elm- What is it they say about a penny saved?

Jman- I appreciate the site. Now I have to figure out the dimensions of the screw...

Nelly- The bike was dropped by the PO and I'm finding all sorts of little gems from where he "fixed" different parts. Apparently he decided that screws would fit better there.

reiobard- Funny you should mention that... I'm still trying to get the screw out, so I fear the threads are pretty butchered. I may be looking for a different way to secure them or (hopefully not) replace the whole fairing eventually. Any advice there?