600 miles

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Happy to report i'm just a tad away from 600 miles, I was staying in 3rd doing 60 and accelerating to 8.5 to 9 k rpm. What a FRIGGEN Rush. I always rode in 6th gear maybe 65 to 70 mph, but 60 at 8k in 3rd gear is much more fun. Can you say rocket ship?

W

wrightme43

It rocks. I loved riding the Chenowah skyway in second and third. It really pulls when the rpm start to climb. LOL

One note of caution. If your going to do a speed, make sure you practice your emergency stops from that speed.

I.E. if your going to do 100mph. Make damn SURE you can stop from 100mph. Just thinking I can is not the same, and I promise you wont learn how to do it right the day you need to unless you have done it right when you didnt need to.

I probley harp to much on this stuff, but I dont want to lose anybody here to something that could of been avoided with simple practice.

W

wrightme43

You have to practice from slow speeds and build up.

There is a huge huge amount to braking properly.

First is is a controlled squeeze. A quick stab at speed before wieght can transfer foward and quite often the front will lock, the rider is sliding at almost the same speed he was going, with the bike on top of him into what he wanted to slow down and not hit.

So the first practice is a slow controlled progressively harder squeeze in a parking lot. Clutch in.
From about 25 mph. To stop on a line.

Nest practice is same speed but also rolling off the throttle slowly clutch out in second untill the end then down shift and stop.

W

wrightme43

Sorry I was rudely inturupted by some dumbass methhead.
Knock knock knock.

I answer the door.
Dirty old dude, dirt all over his shirt.
Oh uh you live here?
Me "Yeah"
Him
"uh I thought nobody lived here. I was going to see if anybody left anything behind."

Me "No"

He walks off real fast.
I called the cops. I am still waiting.
Thats why I am big fan of the smith and wesson home defense system. Its handy and I dont have to wait for them to show up.

I think had I been a woman the results of this would of been different.
Its obvious someone lives here.
Kids toys in the front yard. My truck in the driveway.
Plants growing in the window. Curtains.

Anyway back on topic.

Go buy Total Control. Lee Parks at Barnes and Noble.
Work at it.
I swear man, if you learn how to go slow you will be so much better at going fast.
As a added benifit the skills that make riding more fun, and faster, also make it smoother and safer.

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I was rudely inturupted by some dumbass methhead.
Knock knock knock.

I answer the door.
Dirty old dude, dirt all over his shirt.
Oh uh you live here?
Me "Yeah"
Him
"uh I thought nobody lived here. I was going to see if anybody left anything behind."

Me "No"

He walks off real fast.

Yep, he is definitely up to no good. Hope the Police sort him out.

W

wrightme43

The police showed up 1.5 hours later. One sherrif, he said he cruised around and didnt see him. Uhhhhh... Yeah.... Ummmm.... OK. LOL

Oh well, I guess about dark tonight will be a good time to "test fire" the remington autoloader in 12gauge.

I got this new new Tacstar 8 round extension for it.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
thank you

thanks wright. I know it must have seemed I was flying like a mad man, but really, I was at the speed limit, and when I throttled to higher rpm, it was a burst and engine brake to speed. I would never go so fast if there were any cars around me. It was a lonly straight away with visibility for 1 mile or better. Thanks for the input on brakeing I will definately work on it. I have been meaning to look for total control, so next time I'm at the book store I'll get it.
/salute

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
florida rocks

I was in Naples FL, on liberty visit. Everyone waved flags on the shore for us as we were coming into the bay. I was overwhlemed with feelings for all those people. I learned what it ment to feel pride. Anyway, awesome beaches.

W

wrightme43

God dude please dont think I was coming down on you.

I just really really really love riding. I dont want anyone to get hurt when there is something I can do, to help make sure they dont. I like all you guys and girls and want all of us to be able to say hey we dont lose a rider or two every month to accidents. We have a good site, with good people, who are able to help each other become better riders.

If I ever come across like a butthead feel free to tell me. Its not because I thought you were going to fast. Its because of only having 600 miles on the bike. When I had only 600-1000 miles of experince I was still learning how hard I could brake the FZ and that is coming from the ninja 250 with stainless lines, ebc pads, and fresh dot 4 fluid.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
na, your cool bro.

Actually I look up to your advice. I think its helpful to hear words of wisdom and sanity. So many folks try to hot dog and , one up on each other and end up pushing the envelope too much and dieing. I"m all about riding today, tomorrow and into the future.
And I definatly agree that stopping is as if not more important than going.

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with all of it so far.

You just don't realize just how fast you can stop without practice. These bikes will easily throw you in a heart beat. I learn things the hard way unfortunately, good thing it has been on my previous bikes;)

As always, Practice makes perfect:thumbup: