Sparx Helmets: Advice?

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Does anybody know if this is a good helmet? I really like the design of some of them!

SparX Helmets: For Riders, by Riders. Ride on

Here's one of them I like and its description
Model Number S-07
The SparX S-07 is for the rider enthusiast who defines his own riding style. It calls attention to the simple and sleek features providing comfort with sophisticated styling and design that is dynamic, classic and timeless. *Made from a lightweight Thermo Composite, the S-07 offers a premium fit with optimal comfort catering to riders who appreciate true form and function. *Contoured cheek pads and absorbent inner liner are easily removed, washed and/or replaced. Face shields are easily changed without tools and the in-shield ventilation is unique among mid-priced helmets. A superior fit alongside quality features is the best specification and value for your next ride. * Ride on.
Available in Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL

Sizing Chart
XS: *6 1/2 – 6 5/8 (53-54 cm)
SM: *6 3/4 – 6 7/8 (55-56 cm)
MD: *7 – 7 1/8 (57-58 cm)
LG: *7 1/4 – 7 3/8 (59-60 cm)

- Lightweight Thermo Composite Shell Design Construction
- Form Fitted Contoured Cheek Pads
- In-Visor Anti-Fog Ventilation System
- True Ventilation Channels for optimum circulation around the face
- Quick Release Tool-less Ratchet System
- Integrated Earplug Storage Straps
- 5 Year Limited Warranty against manufacturer’s defects
- Crashed Helmet Program *
- Meets or exceeds both DOT and ECE2205 standards

**EDIT: here is the webBikeWorld review: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/sparx/s-07/

Last edited:

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
Never heard of them, but after reading the review I wish I'd have waited on this before getting my Shark RSI!
I like the retro look about this particular model also.
Why didn't you post this 3 weeks ago? Jus kidd'n.
Thx

dhall615

Reaction score
Visit site
The helmets are good I have the aliance helmet. They are the same people that make KBC I think. it is a warmer helmet and not for people with big noses.

They fit a little smaller than HJC helmets.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have any first-person experience with this helmet. However it has been well reviewed by most journalists as a well made, safe and inexpensive helmet. There is apparently one very nasty review out there from Quad Magazine that just trashed a Sparx MX helmet for chin bar failure. Problem is there have been many other favorable accounts that seem to discredit their results.

I think anyone who would consider an HJC, Scorpion or similar helmet (like myself) should research the Sparx product. More ammo for the argument that you don't have to spend a fortune for quality protective gear.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
picked up the Sparx helmet listed above. FOR ONLY $80!!!! It's normally $129.99 online! It was a blowout deal at my Yami dealer! I'm stoked, it's a great helmet, and even better than my $250 HJC helmet I previously wore! The one downfall seems like I might not be able to fit sunglasses and might need to purchase a sun visor...no worries though!

my review: great helmet so far!