Passed my riding test today

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Although I rode bikes exclusively for about 15 years back in the 60's and 70's, I've only got back into biking again since January of this year. I started out with a new Yamaha XT225, but soon found my "road legs" again and ached for a nice road bike....so I traded in the great little XT225 for my FZ6 in July.
Here in British Columbia, the procedure for obtaining a full license is broken down into 3 stages: the Knowlege Test, which (once passed) gets you a Learner's licence. This entitles you to ride your bike, with restrictions: do not exceed 60kph, no riding at night, no passengers and always in company with a biker with a full license. Next comes the Skills Test, where you have to ride around some traffic cones and do an emergency stop. Next is the full riding test, which takes about 1 hour. You are outfitted with a dayglow vest and a boom-mike, and are followed by 2 testers in an SUV who direct you through the test route.
I did this test this morning and PASSED. :Sport:
What makes this so special for me is that I'm 61 in October....:rockon:
Who says you have to get old. :D

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! And hey, the best skiers I know are in their 60's!

So you can ride only with a fully-licensed rider for part of your licensing? That would've been a BIG problem for me, glad the system is a little less strict down here.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! I'm still enjoying the moment... :lol:
I had to erase a lot of old "muscle memory", such as riding on the right instead of the left....I figured that one out real quick..:lol:, shoulder-checking initially to the left instead of to the right, reversed (left to right) gear and brake levers which caused a HUGE problem for me, not the least of which was learning to put my left foot on the ground when coming to a complete stop instead of my right foot...and so on...Bloody hard work all-round.
Now I can keep up with the best of 'em, even standing still. :D

Margspictures147-1.jpg

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats!!:thumbup: My father is 62 and I have been begging him to get his license for years, but he says he's too old...BS! Now I have a little more ammo to use against him.:thumbup:

Tell him my Dad will turn 75 next month and he still rides a motorcycle!

Congratulations OneTrack!!

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope to be still riding at 61 or 81 for that matter. My Old Man is 57 and he rides so you "Seasoned" gent's keep me inspired.:Sport:

S

sportrider

I thought I had already posted here guess not, anyways, Congratulations!!! I remember how stoked I was once I was finally "legal"!!!!!!!!:wav:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! :)
That was the 3rd Motorcycle road test I've taken in 3 different countries since I started riding bikes way back in ought '64.
England, New Zealand and now Canada.
That's it for me...I'm staying put this time.:D