PCIII install

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys,

My PCIII came today, and it looks to be a little more involved than I thought.(don't ask what i thought). Does anyone have any pic of their install?

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I got it installed. I have to say it was childs play to put it in. Simply route the wires, unplug the originals and plug the PC in. Throw a ground wire to the battery and the install is done.

It's been raining the last three days, so I'll have to wait to give it a go.

Last edited:

Ferris

Reaction score
Visit site
What map are you running? How does it feel? Do you know if they have a map for a missing cat?

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to know if it cleans up the on/off throttle transitions. Sometimes mine bothers me, sometimes it doesn't, but if I could make it go away without any negative effects, I would do it.

Ferris

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to know if it cleans up the on/off throttle transitions. Sometimes mine bothers me, sometimes it doesn't, but if I could make it go away without any negative effects, I would do it.

I'm not sure I feel this? Want to elaborate?

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't gotten a chance to ride it guys. It's been raining for 4 days now, and is wuppost to let up tonight. If it does I'll take it out tomorrow and post back.

Ferris

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't gotten a chance to ride it guys. It's been raining for 4 days now, and is wuppost to let up tonight. If it does I'll take it out tomorrow and post back.

I'm with you man I'm down in middletown waiting for the rain to stop today so I can sneak a ride tonight :)

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site

What year do you have? Do you have a TPS recall bike?

The best way to "clean" this up is to exercise excellent throttle control; mine is by no means excellent, but it gets better all the time. I no longer perceive this as a flaw with the bike.

To better answer your question, most everyone reports that the PCIII will remedy the perceived on/off jerkiness. I've seen many FZ6 threads about this.
________
Live Sex

Last edited:
C

clockworkjon

Two Bros. Maps

I didn't see any maps on the Dynojet site for the Two Bros. exhaust for the FZ6. Which map did you use or was it on there and I just didn't see it?

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an '07. I don't think I have a recall bike, haven't read TOO much about it though. What I was talking about is sometimes the throttle response coming out of a slow turn is a little jerky even when easing ever soo gently back into the throttle. I don't think its a major problem, and I feel I have pretty decent throttle control, definately not perfect, but sometimes in town it can catch you off gaurd.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an '07. I don't think I have a recall bike, haven't read TOO much about it though. What I was talking about is sometimes the throttle response coming out of a slow turn is a little jerky even when easing ever soo gently back into the throttle. I don't think its a major problem, and I feel I have pretty decent throttle control, definately not perfect, but sometimes in town it can catch you off gaurd.

The '07 has no TPS issues. If you think you're bike has problems you should have tried riding a pre-TPS replacement 2004! Nonetheless, a lot of people complain about the on/off throttle response; it was a huge problem on the injected FZ1 too.

Putting power to the rear wheel smoothly - on any bike not just the FZ6 - is a function of throttle, RPMs, clutch engagement, and gear selection, all of which you have complete control over.
________
MELROSE DISPENSRY

Last edited:

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Certainly, many people complain it even if it is '07 '08. However, little higher idling speed(around 1350rpm, most people adjust it to around 1000rpm :rtfm:) will improve a lot. Also, FZ1 too.

If you feel still it is problematic and severe, cut and change the profile of throttle grip like I attached. Also, I describe the data of diameter of it. Now I'm using modified R6 grip.

GAH

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys,

My PCIII came today, and it looks to be a little more involved than I thought.(don't ask what i thought). Does anyone have any pic of their install?

Which one did you get, the street legal EX or the race only version? When I emailed them direct, they wouldn't (or couldn't) give me staight answer about which one to get.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Certainly, many people complain it even if it is '07 '08. However, little higher idling speed(around 1350rpm, most people adjust it to around 1000rpm :rtfm:) will improve a lot. Also, FZ1 too.

If you feel still it is problematic and severe, cut and change the profile of throttle grip like I attached. Also, I describe the data of diameter of it. Now I'm using modified R6 grip.
Kumaj,
Happy new year to you, I also found that increasing the idle rpm speed has helped. Please forgive my non-mechanical mind. How does the modified grip help?
Is it just because there is more free play on the bar?

Neil

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Kumaj,
Happy new year to you, I also found that increasing the idle rpm speed has helped. Please forgive my non-mechanical mind. How does the modified grip help?
Is it just because there is more free play on the bar?

Neil

Perryn-san,

Happy new year also. I took midify using R6 and cut shape to inlet and outlet length being same. diameter profile is [throttle: 0-25% -> diameter 35mm -> 40mm. it is very useful in relax riding and aggressive riding. Disadvantage is little heavy at high speed riding in highway. I cut and doesn't have problem on free play. Still it is within adjustment range. Let me ask question. How non-mechanical mind people noticed free play of throttle??:D Ha ha

Have nice weekend:thumbup: