Gettin' Nekkid!

RedX7

Invincible, almost
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everybody! New guy here. Well, new to this forum at least. I've been on SBN for a while now, and I've had my FZ6 a little over two years. Unfortunately I banged her up pretty bad a few days ago, and thus decided to go naked/streetfighter. Only damage to the bike was the fairing. I'm going with the Demon Eyes fairing from Fly N Cycle. I've been reading through most of the other naked threads, and just wanted to say thanks to everyone. Your info is greatly appreciated. I will do my best to keep updates coming. Thanks again.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
One more elite member! :cheer::thumbup::D

Keep us updated and good luck with the transformation.

RedX7

Invincible, almost
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the support guys!:thumbup:

I've ordered the fairing, mounting brackets for it and speedo, as well as mirrors. Also considering painting my tubes flat black, and getting the Two Bros. exhaust. Inputs are always welcome.

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the club! the fun has just started, ive got a line up of parts for mine also, still waiting on my fairing to get here from oversees :sinister: keep us posted of the progress.

J

jsteinb95

Welcome! The nakeds are starting to grow on me (after seeing Wavex's last FZ6)

RedX7

Invincible, almost
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I can admit that I wanted a streetfighter before I wrecked. This just happened to spped up the process. I was actually considering doing it to an FZ1 though. But hey, when lemons knock, or something like that. :)

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Inputs are always welcome.

A cheap mod is to paint your radiator covers and foot peg/boot covers. I did it an WOW what a difference.

I bought some paint from Motorcycle & Watercraft Touch Up & Refinish Paint - ColorRite and it was absolutely worth every penny!!!!

IMG_4608.jpg

IMG_4607.jpg

RedX7

Invincible, almost
Reaction score
Visit site
A cheap mod is to paint your radiator covers and foot peg/boot covers. I did it an WOW what a difference.

Looks pretty sweet! I might just add that to the to-do list. I was just going to paint the fork black, but this would definitely add to the pimpness!:rockon:

Did you use any primer? Or did you just scuff them up a bit with some sandpaper first?

Last edited:

RedX7

Invincible, almost
Reaction score
Visit site
Update:

Okay, the speedo has been mounted. Can't see them from the pics, but I did paint the radiator gaurds satin black. Got the wiring tested. Just have to clean it up a bit. Got plenty of e-tape and zip ties for that. All that's really left is to actually mount the demon fairing. Still deciding where I want it. Here's a couple more pics for now. Enjoy.

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good man, enjoy cleaning up the rats nest of wiring lol! thats when you know how much patience you really have. Keep the pics coming!

RedX7

Invincible, almost
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good man, enjoy cleaning up the rats nest of wiring lol! thats when you know how much patience you really have. Keep the pics coming!

Ha, ha! So true! But it's nothing compared to the rat's nest under the manifold of a 3rd-gen RX-7. She's all back together now and I know, I know
:needpics:

So have patience, and the pics will be up later today.:thumbup:

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Update:

Okay, the speedo has been mounted. Can't see them from the pics, but I did paint the radiator gaurds satin black. Got the wiring tested. Just have to clean it up a bit. Got plenty of e-tape and zip ties for that. All that's really left is to actually mount the demon fairing. Still deciding where I want it. Here's a couple more pics for now. Enjoy.

How long did it take you to remove the front fender and mount the speedo?

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
In the september 08 edition of Sport Rider, they changed an R1 into an amazing street fighter. Its way better than the FZ1 with all the power of the R1 engine because thats what it is.

Where is that cycle shop your talking about? Im in SD also and really want that demon fairing. I also am going streetfighter

RedX7

Invincible, almost
Reaction score
Visit site
How long did it take you to remove the front fender and mount the speedo?

Kinda hard to say really, as it was done over the course of a few days because I was waiting for parts. I'll give you a best guess though. It took me and two buddies about 45 minutes to completely remove the fairing, speedo, and fender. Once I had all the proper hardware for the speedo mount, it probably took about 10 minutes. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions let me know.

In the september 08 edition of Sport Rider, they changed an R1 into an amazing street fighter. Its way better than the FZ1 with all the power of the R1 engine because thats what it is.

Where is that cycle shop your talking about? Im in SD also and really want that demon fairing. I also am going streetfighter

Yeah, I've got that issue you're talking about. And yes, that R! streetfighter is pretty bad ass!

Not sure what you mean by shop. All the work was done in my buddy's garage. If you're just looking for the fairing, I got that from Fly N Cycle. Fly-N-Cycle.com Motorcycle Exhaust, Windscreens, Stands & Accessories

If you need/want help let me know.

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
One other question.....what hardware did you buy to mount the speedo?

Thanks,
Nick

RedX7

Invincible, almost
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the link I got from Wavex. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/7-HANDLEBARS-CLAMP-KIT-Slipstreamer/dp/B000WK8G2C/]Amazon.com: 7/8" HANDLEBARS CLAMP KIT - Slipstreamer -: Automotive[/ame]

You'll also need some rubber grommets and longer screws. Easy find at any auto parts store.