Any good saddlebags out there?

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm basically looking for suggestions on some good saddlebags. I'm looking at doing trip from Florida to Missouri and back, a 1000 mile trip each way and will be up there for a week. So I need something thats gonna be able to carry a fair bit of stuff. I've looked at a cortech tourmaster and the one I saw at the shop was going to be too small for me and wasn't expandable, plus was on the high end of what I was looking at spending. I also saw a nice pair of saddlebags there called CARGO endurance expandable saddlebags, which seemed nice but I can't seem to find anyone else that sells themCycle Gear - CARGO Endurance Sport Saddlebags BLACK: Endurance Sport Saddlebags, BLACK besides cycle gear, which makes me worry a bit about buying them. I've also looked at some nelson rigg saddlebags but don't know about them.

Any suggestions on other saddlebags to look at, or if you know anything about these cargo bags, would be great. Don't have much time before my trip so I need to get this all figured out kinda soon. Thanks for yalls help.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't vouch for others, but take a look at this thread and see my pics at the end. http://www.600riders.com/forum/product-reviews/8215-cortech-sport-tail-bag.html

Cortech by Tour Master Sport Saddlebags :: New Enough Motorcycle Hard Parts

And if you want the matching tailbag, Cortech by Tour Master Sport Tail Bag :: New Enough Motorcycle Hard Parts

Awesome setup! These pics are from Saturday morning and we just got back from a 420 mile run. These three bags held all the stuff for my wife and I for the weekend. Her backrest pack held the rain gear, sneakers and laptop. :D

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks like it would work if not for their shipping date of late September. I'm going to contact them to see if its accurate, I really like cortech, most of my gear is cortech and I already have the tail bag but if it won't ship out till late september then it unfortunately wouldn't work for me. Thanks for the suggestion though, also I can't see to find that bag online elsewhere nor even on the tourmaster.com site.

Edit: Never mind I've found them elsewhere, either cortech did a bad job of there generic discription of the product or the web sellers are cutting stuff out because maybe 1 in 10 sites will mention that the sport saddlebags are expandable, if they even bother to list the dimensions. I was starting to think that maybe there were 2 models of sport saddlebags or it was a different model year or something. I checked your link and was wondering if the saddlebags included all those bungies and clips you showed or did you have to buy some of them yourself as I haven't seen anything mentioning the bottom clips that you have attached to the passenger foot pegs. Thanks for your help

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks like it would work if not for their shipping date of late September. I'm going to contact them to see if its accurate, I really like cortech, most of my gear is cortech and I already have the tail bag but if it won't ship out till late september then it unfortunately wouldn't work for me. Thanks for the suggestion though, also I can't see to find that bag online elsewhere nor even on the tourmaster.com site.

Edit: Never mind I've found them elsewhere, either cortech did a bad job of there generic discription of the product or the web sellers are cutting stuff out because maybe 1 in 10 sites will mention that the sport saddlebags are expandable, if they even bother to list the dimensions. I was starting to think that maybe there were 2 models of sport saddlebags or it was a different model year or something. I checked your link and was wondering if the saddlebags included all those bungies and clips you showed or did you have to buy some of them yourself as I haven't seen anything mentioning the bottom clips that you have attached to the passenger foot pegs. Thanks for your help

The saddle bags do not have nor need any of the bungies. The tail bag is the one that has them and they are built in. Regarding the expandable bags, yes, Cortech makes two different saddle bags. They offer the standard which are expandable then the ones I've pictured, the "Sport Saddle" bags that are not expandable. The tail bag is expandable however.

For what I've pictured, they are all inclusive and I've purchased nothing else to secure the bags to the bike. :thumbup:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so now I need to work on another multi-link post.

If someone wants to beat me to it, feel free, lol.

Need to get a post up with multiple links to review, write-ups, sales from various sites, etc about luggage (hard and soft)

Then just have this thread for when ever some one asks about luggage send them the link to that thread.

-bryan

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
The saddle bags do not have nor need any of the bungies. The tail bag is the one that has them and they are built in. Regarding the expandable bags, yes, Cortech makes two different saddle bags. They offer the standard which are expandable then the ones I've pictured, the \"Sport Saddle\" bags that are not expandable. The tail bag is expandable however.

For what I've pictured, they are all inclusive and I've purchased nothing else to secure the bags to the bike. :thumbup:

I have the sport saddle bags and they ARE expandable. Perhaps you always just have yours expanded then.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Visit site
I've purchased the sport saddlebags online from motorycle accessory warehouse and I should have them soon. I do understand that they are expandable. Starting my trip here on the 13th, my gps and mount are coming so are my saddlebags, new spectra blue shield for my shoei X-11 helmet, and some new Devil cans just came in today, good week for me and my FZ6.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought this Moto-detail bagage system today from motozoom:
View attachment 7832
BTW photo is from the site.
Tried them out at the shop, had a holder that secures to the seat and everything just clicks on, and it was on special offer €69,95.
There were a lot of good reviews on the website too :thumbup:
I'll post my review after my trip to UK, 4th-10th October.

Last edited: