Track Days

autobahn70

Reaction score
Visit site
So I hear all this talk of track days and I just went on a charity ride that consisted of three laps around watkins glen international speedway in new york. I'd really like to get the chance to ride on a track for real (top speed at the charity ride was 55), how do I go about finding information on track days? Do I need to be a member of a club that would then rent out the track? Or does the track hold events where you can just take your bike up and ride? I looked at the track's website and didn't really find anything. Any info would be appreciated

autobahn70

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like something I would like to do. Thanks for all the good info. I love my fz6, I ride it everyday and it would suck if something happened and I ended up having to drive my car to work. Should I consider looking into getting a track bike that isn't my fz6? Just wondering how you guys feel about this assuming you only have 1 motorcycle. And do you guys ride to the track and ride home at the end of the day or do you trailer? Thanks for answering my noobie questions

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am doing my first on the FZ6 on Oct 2nd and can't wait, i did one on the old bike, but this will be so much more fun!!!

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The question about getting a track bike is kinda moot isn't it, of course you *need* a dedicated track bike. ;o)

A snippet of the conversation...
"But honey, if my fz breaks down at the track, I'll have to take the car to work. With gas being so expensive, it makes sense to have a bike that I can use at the track and not have to worry about. Oh, and y'know, I really should have the right gear, too..."

I've only done one day at the track. It was so much fun. Really gives you perspective on potential -- yours and your bike. And it helped me to appreciate the statement: don't use the street like a track.

Have fun!